Iliad» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gorgon siege rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AndyJ Baddice
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gorgon card states "victory will go to the player whose army, at the beginning of her turn, has a higher total value than that of the other players".
I just want to clarify that this means a higher total value than the sum of all the other players' armies?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
badge
"I have set my life upon a cast, And I will stand the hazard of the die."
mbmbmbmbmb
The sum of each individual players army, not the sum of all the other players armies combined.

As an example. If, when it comes around to your turn, you have 20 points on the table and every other player has a score of 19 points on the table then you are the victor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Balas

Kallithea
Athens
msg tools
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
badge
Es treibt mich ein dunkles Sehnen hinauf zur Waldeshöh', dort lös't sich auf in Tränen mein übergroßes Weh'.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Mavis.

The rules don't mean greater than the sum of all player's armies but greater than the sum of each player's army individually.

E.g.
Player's 1 first turn: plays a card worth x points

Player's 2 first turn: plays a card worth y points

Player's 3 first turn: plays a card worth z points

Player's 1 second turn:
before 1 gets to play a card, check if she wins the siege. Is x>y AND x>z? If not, continue.
Then she plays a card and her board is worth x' points.

Player's 2 second turn:
before 2 gets to play a card, check if he wins the siege.
Is y>x' AND y>z? If not, continue.
Then he plays a card and his board is worth y' points.

and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AndyJ Baddice
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both, my interpretation made for a very hard condition to achieve. Just got this and looking forward to first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.