Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
4. Circumvallation
Counter-fort: Romans may free March to an adjacent Citadel and put Circumvallation marker on Citadel Faction’s pieces there. Marked group may not move from Region; if it attacks alone, Romans defend as if Fort. Remove marker if group attacks Romans in Battle or is eliminated, or if no Romans there.
Tips. Keep the pieces affected by the marker grouped underneath it (or around the Citadel piece with the marker on that), separate from any other group of pieces that might enter or be placed in the Region. Roman origin Regions count as selected for March (flip Auxilia Hidden).

So in our game the situation came where this even can be crucial (Vercingetorix plus 20 warbands in Alesia with Citadel plus Caesar, 8 legions and 5 Auxilia in Arveni region). How historically you may say… Well, I play Arveni and would like to see history NOT repeated. Thus couple of questions:

1) Can Arveni remove citadel and exchange for Ally during their turn to prevent of this event play?

2) Once event is played, can Arveni recruit in region which is under that event? If they can recruit, where do you place units – outside Circumvallation or inside?

3) Once event is played, can Arveni devastate the region under this event?

4) Let us assume I have 20 units and Vercingetorix under Circumvallation, but another 3 Arveni Warbands already marched in from nearby region and are outside Circumvallation. If Romans attack, can I use retreat option and halve the losses? Who would bear the losses first? I assume units under Circumvallation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mk20336 wrote:
1) Can Arveni remove citadel and exchange for Ally during their turn to prevent of this event play?

Yes, they can.

mk20336 wrote:
2) Once event is played, can Arveni recruit in region which is under that event? If they can recruit, where do you place units – outside Circumvallation or inside?

Yes, they can Rally if all the preconditions are satisfied. Follow the tip and keep the new pieces so that they cannot be mixed with the ones affected by card #4.

mk20336 wrote:

I don't think there's anything in the rules which forbids it, so yes, they can.

mk20336 wrote:
4) Let us assume I have 20 units and Vercingetorix under Circumvallation, but another 3 Arveni Warbands already marched in from nearby region and are outside Circumvallation. If Romans attack, can I use retreat option and halve the losses? Who would bear the losses first? I assume units under Circumvallation?

Yes, you can declare a Retreat, except that the units affected by Circumvallation cannot move, so Revealed Warbands will be eliminated. As for who will fall first, I don't think there's anything in the rules which prevents you from freely choosing the pieces to remove, either inside or outside the Circumvallation.

Hopefully the above is not too wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evacbs wrote:
mk20336 wrote:

Yes, they can.

mk20336 wrote:

Yes, they can Rally if all the preconditions are satisfied. Follow the tip and keep the new pieces so that they cannot be mixed with the ones affected by card #4.

mk20336 wrote:

I don't think there's anything in the rules which forbids it, so yes, they can.

mk20336 wrote:

Yes, you can declare a Retreat, except that the units affected by Circumvallation cannot move, so Revealed Warbands will be eliminated. As for who will fall first, I don't think there's anything in the rules which prevents you from freely choosing the pieces to remove, either inside or outside the Circumvallation.

Hopefully the above is not too wrong
Everything looks correct to me.
The basic principle to keep in mind is that events do exactly what they say, no less and no more.
Circumvallation prevents certain pieces from moving, but it doesn't prevent actions like rally or devastate or retreating in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.