$20.00
Severí Vinyoles

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regard to the adventure number 15, which is set in the epic Battle of the Pelennor Fields, for the first time after lots of plays I feel overhelmed by the ridiculous amount of enemies and their power. I'm trying to use all the necessary items for such a heavy battle, the Gondor and Rohan traits, but still I'm not beating it. Has anybody beaten it? Any suggestion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severí Vinyoles

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As there are no responses to this thread and I finally got to beat the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, I answer myself.

The best defender heores are needed, sentinels. The game punishes to use allies and to sacrifice them. It is important to be able to cancel Shadow card effects, to heal characters (there will be a notable bloodshed) and to use many arms and weapons, without underestimating the quests. Tactics Eowyn is a good recommendation. My wife had Erkebrand and Beregond as defenders, and Galadriel to contribute to the quest. I had Haldir of Lorien as the main attacker (with Rohan horses attached to him, as it had the Rohan trait), Tactics Eowyn and Beravor.

It is important to stay on the second stage the necessary time to get stronger and kill the Wraiths, and just pass to the the third stage at the same time of Aragorn's arrival. Then, it is a must to destroy the Grond. The key is to have good defenders from the very beginning, and a hero who can quickly be ready to kill hard.

At the end, I managed to kill the Witch-King with Eowyn (and her +9 special attack), Haldir (who was +8), Beravor (+3) and others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles wohlganger
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like it's taken me forever, but I beat it with a little luck and my Noldor Deck. The luck comes in that the ally discarded in order to be rescued had 5 HP so I was able to spend longer than usual building up for the fight. You absolutely need to have a good defender (no chump blocking), and be able to build into heavy questing and attacking. Having healing helps, there tends to be a decent amount of archery. I'd suggest tactics beregond, raven-winged helm, gondorian shields, and repeatable readying for him. If you can put a high HP near the top of your deck, good for you, otherwise you'll have to hope for the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.