$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Inventions - Do they ever break? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lim
msg tools
I have just built a sling which gives me weapon damage +2, am I required to put a black marker on the board on the number 2?

And after I've fought a beast and the cards tells me to -2, does that mean my sling is broken and needs me to rebuild?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not put your marker on the "2" you add 2 to your current weapons level. Your weapons level will probably change during a scenario...
That said, changing your weapon level does NOT impact your built inventions. Even if your weapon level drops down to zero, you still have your invention.

But inventions do break if Adventure cards or Event cards call for it. Otherwise - no, you will not lose an invention. That also means you cannot build an invention several times, or at least you cannot count on it.

One thing to note:
If you "unbuild" an invention, due to an Adventure/Event card telling you so, you have to "undo" anything the card provided, if possible. Which means:
- if your weapons level goes down, you don't lose the invention, BUT
- if you lose the invention, your weapons level goes down
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
So if I start with a level 0 weapon level, and after building the sling which gives me +2 weapon level, I am not suppose to put the black marker on the "2" on the board?

If I were to fight a beast which tells me to -2, with the sling in my posession, do I now have weapon level of 0 or 2? I'm so confused, don't mind me trying to clarify things in detail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
f0xh0undx wrote:
So if I start with a level 0 weapon level, and after building the sling which gives me +2 weapon level, I am not suppose to put the black marker on the "2" on the board?

If I were to fight a beast which tells me to -2, with the sling in my posession, do I now have weapon level of 0 or 2? I'm so confused, don't mind me trying to clarify things in detail.

After building the sling (if starting with 0 weapon level before building), you DO have to put a black marker on the "2" of the weapon level track (top right of the board) to trace your current weapon level.

If you then fight a beast which tells you to -2, the sling stays built but your weapon level drops to 0 (it still exists but it is too damaged to be used as a weapon)

Hope this helps !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
f0xh0undx wrote:
So if I start with a level 0 weapon level, and after building the sling which gives me +2 weapon level, I am not suppose to put the black marker on the "2" on the board?


If by that you mean "move the marker from 0 to 2", then yes, that's exactly what you should do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
La_Gofr wrote:
After building the sling (if starting with 0 weapon level before building), you DO have to put a black marker on the "2" of the weapon level track (top right of the board) to trace your current weapon level.

If you then fight a beast which tells you to -2, the sling stays built but your weapon level drops to 0 (it still exists but it is too damaged to be used as a weapon)

Hope this helps !

Okay great, now that makes perfect sense to me now, all along I thought it was a permanent passive skill which can and will never be affected by any outcome. I assume this applies the same to the roof and palisade as well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
Gawain wrote:
f0xh0undx wrote:
So if I start with a level 0 weapon level, and after building the sling which gives me +2 weapon level, I am not suppose to put the black marker on the "2" on the board?


If by that you mean "move the marker from 0 to 2", then yes, that's exactly what you should do.

Alright thanks for clearing things up for me
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
f0xh0undx wrote:
Okay great, now that makes perfect sense to me now, all along I thought it was a permanent passive skill which can and will never be affected by any outcome. I assume this applies the same to the roof and palisade as well?

Sure, if any effect tells you to lower palisade or roof, you move the marker accordingly.
Except if you are told to lower it and it is already 0, then you take a wound as unfulfilled demand for each lacking level
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind that if a card forces you to turn an Item that provided you with bonus back into an Invention, you must deduct that bonus (if possible). The rule of unfulfilled demand however doesn't happen in this case.

Quote:

If an Item flipped to the Invention side had an additional positive effect, it must be reverted if possible. If the effect is only partially reversible (e.g. not enough food or Weapon level to discard), revert as much as possible. Being unable to (fully) revert a positive effect has no negative impact on the players.


Quote:
The Brick increases the Palisade level by 1. If, later in the game, it is flipped to the Invention side, the Palisade level must be reduced by 1. If this is not possible, nothing happens.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.