7 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Treating guards (villager tokens) as heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Han
msg tools
Hi,

We are currently play the Caladens crossing quest, and I have a question about the whole treating guards as heroes thing. How does it work when I kill them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't get an OL card, if that's what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Han
msg tools
Okay, but can they be revived as a hero? Or are they taken out of the game. I'm just confused about the "treating them as heroes"-thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright- check out my glossary for a more detailed explanation, but in general, "treated like a hero" means:

-it can be attacked by monsters. Because it can be attacked, it can receive conditions (stun, poison). It probably autofails tests.
-hero abilities (prayer of healing, Avric's heroic feat) and monster abilities (throw, howl) can work on it like a hero
- OL cards (pit trap, dark charm) can be played on it.

Quest rules never refer to things like guards when the rules say "hero". Plot cards never work on guards treated as heroes. Unless there is a specific way laid out in the rules, once they are defeated they are removed from the map liken a monster- there is no "guard hero token" (they never get knocked out, just defeated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Han
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Han
msg tools
Just out of curiosity, where do you know that from? I have been looking through the rule book, but it doesn't mention anything about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dones87 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, where do you know that from? I have been looking through the rule book, but it doesn't mention anything about this.
The rulebook only really explicitly talks about it for familiars treated as hero figures- it is only implied how one deals with other things treated like heroes. The recent FAQ has more helpfully applied these rules broadly to things "treated as heroes".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.