Subject: Arcadia Quest Doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ale Tucci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys.
I'm just new to the world of Arcadia. I bought both Inferno and standard on the Inferno pledge, and now i'm waiting for the big package, eager to play.

I was wondering, since i played the base game 2/3 times in some events and stuff. I always found the rectangular cardboard doors pretty sad. Not cause of the material, i love cardboard often more then plastic. But cause they are to thin and little.

What do you think a good replacemente could be?
I always heard positive feedbacks for Black Plague doors, could it be the best ones? What do you think?

(consider i will also use Masmorra Treasure packs for arcadia, so most of the "game scene" gonna be plastic-oriented).

Thanks for reading me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that would put me off is that the BP doors are 2-3 cm wide, wheresa the AQ tile squares are more like 6-8cm? For me, they might look a bit odd. Would have to see it "in situ"

You would also need to distinguish between 2 (maybe 3?) door types - standard, blue, (and pink?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ale Tucci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You need different colors type for doors in Arcadia?
I don't know cause i only tried the first scenario. Indeed, i would have no problem, cause in the Black Plague doors pack seems there is plenty of colors right?

And for the Squares lenght, you mean that the doors would be too much wider? And occupy too much of the squares?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
The only thing that would put me off is that the BP doors are 2-3 cm wide, wheresa the AQ tile squares are more like 6-8cm? For me, they might look a bit odd. Would have to see it "in situ"

You would also need to distinguish between 2 (maybe 3?) door types - standard, blue, (and pink?)

There are no actual colors of doors in AQ, but there are 3 different types. There are open doors, closed doors, and locked doors. You would need something to differentiate those is all. I've seen people post images of 3d terrain walls and doors that they made that looked rather nice. The cardboard ones work just fine for me though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ale Tucci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah gotcha!
Weel open/closed i can do that just cause you are able to open/close blackplauge 3d doors, right?

For the locked one i could just use a color based one.

Problem is, for those who have both Arcadia and these Doors, you think they will fit too big on the squares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The doors have different sizes also, to meet certain game configurations. I've considered hunting down doors for Arcadia Quest multiple times, but in the end I think it would be a lot of work and possibly detract from gameplay. Opening and closing doors is a very constant thing in Arcadia Quest, just being able to flip a tile is very quick and effective. With all of the characters and monsters moving around, I think 3d doors would just get knocked down all of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.