Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this was asked in previous thread, but it was a 2-part question, so the answer could be misinterpreted.

There is no indication of a dwelling being placed in the pictorial representation of the Volcano factions' transform abilities on the player board and I don't think it specifies this anywhere in the rulebook. So are these factions permitted to immediately build a dwelling (for the required resources) in the same turn as using their unique terrain transforming abilities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Olander
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes - the action is called "terraform and/or build" - it's just the cost of terraforming that is different, so they still have the and/or choice to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I figured.

I was only curious because pretty much all of the other faction abilities that incorporate the transform and build action typically have a dwelling pictured somewhere on the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemesis420x wrote:
I was only curious because pretty much all of the other faction abilities that incorporate the transform and build action typically have a dwelling pictured somewhere on the ability.

That's only Fakirs flight and Dwarves tunnel ability, because they can use flight/tunnel to do either or both. If you look at terraform abilities of Giants in general or Stronghold of Halflings/Giants there is no dwelling pictured although they are still allowed to build one with that Action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1869 wrote:
Nemesis420x wrote:

That's only Fakirs flight and Dwarves tunnel ability, because they can use flight/tunnel to do either or both. If you look at terraform abilities of Giants in general or Stronghold of Halflings/Giants there is no dwelling pictured although they are still allowed to build one with that Action.

Except that the Halfling and Giant abilities produce/use spades which are clearly described in the rules to trigger the Build/Terraform action. The description for the Volcano factions abilities do not make this distinction in the rulebook.

A better comparison would be the Nomad stronghold ability, which does not use spades and on which the dwelling is shown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acolytes and Dragonlords terraform without using spades and since they have no special action to do it they have to use terraform & build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Olivier Fiset
Canada
flag msg tools
Expanding on that topic, can the Dragonlords use the 6 power --> 2 spades action to generate 2 power, and then perform a transform/build action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcofiset wrote:
Expanding on that topic, can the Dragonlords use the 6 power --> 2 spades action to generate 2 power, and then perform a transform/build action?

They could, but they would have to do it on their next turn. One action is taking the 2 Spades action, then on the next turn their action would be to use some number of Power tokens to transform/build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.