12 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Where should I go ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PAC PAC
France
flag msg tools
Another one lost in all these expansions.

I finished the core set + cycle1 and was wondering where to go next. Reading the forum I was thinking of going with black rider or khazad dum but there are no longer available.

Any advise ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best place to ask is on the game's own forum. https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/808298/lord-rings-card-game/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Best place to ask is on the game's own forum. https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/808298/lord-rings-card-game/...

wow how did you figure that one out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
matthean wrote:

wow how did you figure that one out?

I wondered the same thing at first, but "Khazad Dum" is a dead giveaway if you're familiar with the mythos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Best place to ask is on the game's own forum.

I presume that was the intention! I've flagged the post so hopefully it'll get moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game : General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAC PAC
France
flag msg tools
Thanks for placing my post in the good forum ....

But concerning my question ... any suggestion ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khazad-Dum is a good suggestion. It's not "no longer available", but rather "between printings". Wait a few weeks and there will be more available - you'll see this happen for all of the expansions and adventure packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepsi Twist
England
flag msg tools
It sucks when they're out of stock, I'm just a couple of packs away from completing my collection but have to wait until the next reprint!

Regarding where to go next, there's always the Hobbit saga expansions.

Even though they'll be really hard without access to a lot of the card pool, you can pick up any deluxe box and play it if you only have the core set, and since you have Boromir you should be able to handle anything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAC PAC
France
flag msg tools
PepsiTwist wrote:
It sucks when they're out of stock, I'm just a couple of packs away from completing my collection but have to wait until the next reprint!

Regarding where to go next, there's always the Hobbit saga expansions.

Even though they'll be really hard without access to a lot of the card pool, you can pick up any deluxe box and play it if you only have the core set, and since you have Boromir you should be able to handle anything!

I was thinking of going for Heirs of Númenor & Against the Shadow : do you think it's manageable ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody H
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I would highly suggest, seeing if you could hunt down Khazad Dum if possible. Heirs of Numenor has some awesome player cards, but the quests in that box are very difficult, and without the dwarrowdelf cycle, I would imagine it to be much much harder. Try calling a few game shops in your area to see if there is one hanging out on the shelves. But for player card/quest purposes, if you cannot find KD and dwarrodelf cycle, the Hobbit saga expansions offer some really powerful cards, and are fun quests!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAC PAC
France
flag msg tools
CoDazle wrote:
I would highly suggest, seeing if you could hunt down Khazad Dum if possible. Heirs of Numenor has some awesome player cards, but the quests in that box are very difficult, and without the dwarrowdelf cycle, I would imagine it to be much much harder. Try calling a few game shops in your area to see if there is one hanging out on the shelves. But for player card/quest purposes, if you cannot find KD and dwarrodelf cycle, the Hobbit saga expansions offer some really powerful cards, and are fun quests!

Thanks for the advice.
I tried to find KD but without success.
I will follow your advice and go with the Hoobit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.