Hide
2 Posts

Oceanos» Forums » General

Subject: Any chance to play it 6 player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paula Z.
msg tools
If I have two sets of base game, is there any chance I can play it with more players, like 7 wonders? What elements should I add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
vigdis wrote:
If I have two sets of base game, is there any chance I can play it with more players, like 7 wonders? What elements should I add?

I'm not even sure you need two sets for that, but please bear in mind:
- The Captain is a special role, taking advantage of greater card choice.
- There is 15 rounds per game. This number is equally (as possible) split among all players, so everyone gets to be Captain a certain amount of times.
- The more players there are, the less is each one of them going to be a Captain. It kinda upsets the balance of the game. Thus, for example, the less players there are, the less relevant it is to upgrade your periscope level.

Having said that, it's not a huge deal. If you don't mind this little change of game rules, compared to what was intended, I don't think Oceanos would be partially hurt by adding players. It will definitely NOT raise players' waiting time or upset the balance too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.