Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Odland
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The feral hero's level 5 ability states "Search your codex for a tiger unit and put it into play". I want to know if this ability interacts with the Spectral Tiger from the truth spec and Rambasa Twin from balance spec.

I am guessing they do not, but thought it would be worth checking. Basically wondering if Spectral Tiger and Rambasa Twin are tiger units that have further descriptors on the type of tiger unit (Tiger Illusion and Tiger Monk).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They are units with "tiger" in the type. That is all it takes for them to be tiger units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Colapietro
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly from play test, it in fact does apply to any units with the 'tiger' trait. Also note that you do not need to satisfy the normal requirements for the card added such as tech level and current spec - they just need to be available in your codex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like Flying Fox (type "Ninja Contraption") counts as a Ninja and as a Contraption, and Masked Raccoon (type "Cute Animal Ninja") counts as a Ninja and as a Cute Animal, so Spectral Tiger (type "Tiger Illusion") counts as a Tiger and as an Illusion. So Macciatus the Whisperer will buff it (since it's an Illusion), and Calamandra can fetch it (since it's a Tiger).

Similarly Calamandra can pull out a Rambasa Twin, and yes, that will immediately result in pulling out a second Rambasa Twin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.