Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Gusmeroli
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just read FF rules and I'm really intrigued by mechanics, game design and gameplay... that said, I got some doubts on the eventual 2-player experience.

I mean, I'm worried that it could turn out to be too "wide": too many actions easily available (6 cards to begin, more as the game goes on), too little interaction among the 2 players (i.e. never landing on the same card, thus never having to pay a fruit, and moreover only 1 player to target after choosing an action).

Do you guys have the same feelings?

ps: how come there's so little hype about this game???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thought this morning. Not only is it too "wide," but you end up with only one other player you can steal from or swap with.

The lack of hype may be due to it being a card game mixed with some post-504 skepticism. I am intrigued by FF, but I really want PG:TCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you read the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have been uploaded to the Files section of the BGG entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Where did you read the rules?

As answered by Christian: English rules are in the files section.

The German rules are available at our 2F-Spiele website: www.2f-spiele.de

Best regards,

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't that a problem with many of Friedemann Friese's games? They officially support 2 players, but only that far. Actually, most are effectively 3-X players (except for Friday, maybe). Power Grid had the 2-player fixed by introducing bots, if I recall correctly.

I'm hoping that with kids, the 2-player experience of Fabled Fruit will be sufficient, but I'll aim for higher player counts.

If you want this as a 2-player game, I'd strongly suggest you wait for the reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
Isn't that a problem with many of Friedemann Friese's games? They officially support 2 players, but only that far. Actually, most are effectively 3-X players (except for Friday, maybe).

Except for Friday definitely. (It's strictly a 1-person game.)

And Famiglia (strictly 2-player)...

But yeah, several of his games for "2-N players" seem better with "3-N players".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Bixby
Germany
Ulm / Neu-Ulm
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have played the game 3 times now, always with 2 players and we both think the game is fun.

It usually comes down to one or two decisions and the games were all very close. Once there was a draw. And two times a very close win for one person.

I cannot say if the game is more fun with more people but with more people you will definitely encounter more animals in a shorter time.

To conclude, I continue to play it as a 2 player game because I think it's a nice, fast card game with some clever action taking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it yesterday for the first time, 2 games of 2 players. I think, the "open space" is not that much of an issue as in other worker placement games, because there are often limited choices, which are good spots. So in multiplayer, you might likely end up choosing a card already occupied by one, because it gives only one of your opponent a benefit, and you profit against the other players. In 2 players, this is a no go, you will always stay out of each others way.

Nevertheless, I'm considering getting this for my regular 4 player group, as I think we might have a blast that way, but I did enjoy the couple of 2 player games I had, very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ Kuchenbrod

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea agree with the last comment. Been playing with my daughter all morning. Great fun with two, and only difference was not as much risk of losing an extra fruit. It happens but not as often as more players. But honestly still plays just as great with lower player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dagmar
Netherlands
Voorhout
flag msg tools
badge
Goedemorgen! Guten Morgen! Bonjour! Good Morning! Buenes Dìas! God Morgon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my tenth 2-player game. I like the game a lot and am curious about the next animal-cards that will turn up. I think that some cards are more usefull with more than 2 players (Some cards are never chosen). But that does not mean that they are useless, because they always function as a potentional smoothy you can buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.