$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Ordering Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've set an alarm for October 13th, but I a couple questions in advance.

1 Do I need to have an account on the website to order the game? (I have no desire to play LoL)

2 Can I use PayPal? (PayPal is my game money )

3 Will the orders cut off at 15k or 30k or will we still be able to order beyond that point? (Effectively a pre-order for the inevitable 2nd print run)

4 Will orders be limited to a certain number per person? (I'd like to get one for myself and one as a Christmas gift)

Thanks!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent questions... I have no answers for you. Part of me hopes they limit quantities for people. But I think 2 is a reasonable number for that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
Excellent questions... I have no answers for you. Part of me hopes they limit quantities for people. But I think 2 is a reasonable number for that.

It would be nice to place multiple orders as this would be an awesome Secret Santa gift. However, people absolutely cannot be trusted in large groups and if left unchecked, some asshole would buy 100 of them and ruin it for the rest of us.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 I've peak are their merchandise store and it seems you can order with a Guest account.

2 They do accept paypal

3 that's a good question

4 I saw somewhere that they will limit at 1 game per order. Do avoid creating high-demand and overpriced ebay resell.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
So, I've set an alarm for October 13th, but I a couple questions in advance.

1 Do I need to have an account on the website to order the game? (I have no desire to play LoL)

2 Can I use PayPal? (PayPal is my game money )

3 Will the orders cut off at 15k or 30k or will we still be able to order beyond that point? (Effectively a pre-order for the inevitable 2nd print run)

4 Will orders be limited to a certain number per person? (I'd like to get one for myself and one as a Christmas gift)

Thanks!


I would create an account, it cuts the checkout time down considerably. They do accept PayPal, but PayPal processing increases checkout time by a few seconds or more depending on your ISP's latency.

The site will not hold an item in your cart while you check out, it is first processed, first served. So everything you can do to reduce your check out time is in your favor.

I except that the sales will stop at 15K units, if they were doing preorders they'd already have that in place for the first 15K.

I doubt they will be limited, but I wouldn't be surprised either. I want 1 copy, so as long as they don't limit it to 0 copies per customer I'll be good.

We also have to keep in mind that the first run is 15k - hold backs for replacements and damage - copies sent out to every reviewer ever.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot rep yesterday posted in a thread that the initial run will be limited to one per customer, until such time that they have enough supply that it won't create a market for scalpers to profit.

Edit: Found the quote

Riot Kades wrote:
Our plan is to initially limit sales to one per person. The goal for this is that we don't want a lot of people hopping on and buying up the inventory to sell on eBay. This limit will go away when we're confident we've caught up with demand.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been checking their Web store.
They have a very easy and fast guest account. Really works great, was seeing if I should make an account but only have interest in the game so didn't really see a need. (With auto for for adres it just takes seconds)

They do accept PayPal so fast and easy payment, check.

And yes they confirmed only 1 copy per order until they see that sales are slowing down.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have the adress where I can go directly to the page to add it to my cart ? That would be great
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an item in their store yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Dvorkin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the site I have bookmarked:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions

While the item isn't available to be placed in the cart yet, there is a glowing yellow notice saying "purchase on 10/13/2016 11 am PST." I have to assume it'll turn into a buy button on that day at that time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay great that's the link I was looking for ..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do see it says under where can I get it .. It says their store .. Is that the store page you posted?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it will be located here

https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
I wonder if it will be located here

https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/

Yes that is the store (for USA atleast).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
Riot rep yesterday posted in a thread that the initial run will be limited to one per customer, until such time that they have enough supply that it won't create a market for scalpers to profit.

Edit: Found the quote

Riot Kades wrote:
Our plan is to initially limit sales to one per person. The goal for this is that we don't want a lot of people hopping on and buying up the inventory to sell on eBay. This limit will go away when we're confident we've caught up with demand.

Good stuff, thank you for digging it up and posting it here. I understand their decision to limit orders, maybe I'll be able to get another one for a gift in their December run.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
So, I've set an alarm for October 13th, but I a couple questions in advance.

1 Do I need to have an account on the website to order the game? (I have no desire to play LoL)

2 Can I use PayPal? (PayPal is my game money )

Thanks!


No need to create a new account - I will happily GM you my account information to make login a breeze!

And to speed up the checkout process, you can also use the Shipping address currently on file.

Then, because they accept PayPal, just log in to your PayPal account, make the payment, and viola I have myself you have yourself a game!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:
1 I've peak are their merchandise store and it seems you can order with a Guest account.

2 They do accept paypal

3 that's a good question

4 I saw somewhere that they will limit at 1 game per order. Do avoid creating high-demand and overpriced ebay resell.


Your answers are all correct.

#3, we will continue making copies until we've hit demand. In a situation where we do sell out, we'll continue making more. You may have to wait, but our goal is to get it into all of the hands of people who want it. Another way to look at it is that when you typically hear about a new game, you might have to wait 8-10 months before you get to play it. If you're not able to get a copy in October, I'm really sorry. But if we're not able to get you a copy in 8-10 months then I've really, really dropped the ball.


We actually had a lot of really smart people (I'm not in that group) who tried to figure out how many units to make. With hindsight, it's a bit easier to look back and realize we should have ordered more, but with such thin margins, the risk was pretty substantial. There were many people within Riot who thought it was absurd to do 30k thinking we'd be off by a factor of 10. It's just hard to know if a) the board game community would care about some random video game IP and b) if League players would care about a modern boardgame.

If you watched the threads in both the League and Boardgame subreddits, you saw pretty drastic conflicting responses for the price. Those conversations ran rampant for months internally as it's hard to really gauge what players of a Free-to-Play game feel comfortable spending. In an ideal world, I'd love to introduce a small handful of our players to this awesome renaissance that's happening in tabletop. But to do that, we couldn't charge $200 for the game.
35 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest to everyone that you postpone your ordering until I receive my copy and offer proof that this is legitimate. whistle

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arachnode wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
So, I've set an alarm for October 13th, but I a couple questions in advance.

1 Do I need to have an account on the website to order the game? (I have no desire to play LoL)

2 Can I use PayPal? (PayPal is my game money )

Thanks!


No need to create a new account - I will happily GM you my account information to make login a breeze!

And to speed up the checkout process, you can also use the Shipping address currently on file.

Then, because they accept PayPal, just log in to your PayPal account, make the payment, and viola I have myself you have yourself a game!

Ok, done. It says I need to update my credit card information, please send it to me and I'll take care of it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
In an ideal world, I'd love to introduce a small handful of our players to this awesome renaissance that's happening in tabletop. But to do that, we couldn't charge $200 for the game.


I fully expect that this project will reach far more than just a small handful! The quality and content for the price is stellar, and more importantly Riot seems to have taken the proper care with creating an emissary for the hobby.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
In an ideal world, I'd love to introduce a small handful of our players to this awesome renaissance that's happening in tabletop. But to do that, we couldn't charge $200 for the game.


I fully expect that this project will reach far more than just a small handful! The quality and content for the price is stellar, and more importantly Riot seems to have taken the proper care with creating an emissary for the hobby.

I couldn't agree more. I've listened to both the Secret Cabal and Rolling Dice and Taking Names interviews and Chris is a legit gamer! I love that a video game company like Riot has board game nights at work thumbsup I'm SO thankful they didn't just go with a Monopoly re-skin...

Also, Riot Games has officially arrived... they're in the BGG database as a board games publisher!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
.... But to do that, we couldn't charge $200 for the game.


But you are charging that for us Aussies and NZ'ers when you include the prices for shipping (which come in at almost the same price as the game itself) and then the conversion rates (which I know you have no control over)

What are you guys doing about looking for a distributor in Australia, or as an alternative allowing bulk orders for Aussies to cut down on the ridiculously high shipping price?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
.... But to do that, we couldn't charge $200 for the game.


But you are charging that for us Aussies and NZ'ers when you include the prices for shipping (which come in at almost the same price as the game itself) and then the conversion rates (which I know you have no control over)

What are you guys doing about looking for a distributor in Australia, or as an alternative allowing bulk orders for Aussies to cut down on the ridiculously high shipping price?


Hey, this is a very fair complaint. I'll be the first to say that the cost to ship from NA to Oceanic regions is obscene. I don't want that cost for you - that's definitely not where we're padding our revenues or anything. The original plan was just to distribute in NA and EU. We chatted about whether to include AUS with that, and I ultimately said yes. Not because I, personally, found the shipping costs reasonable - but because I wanted to let AUS players decide. I'd rather have given you the option.

Keep in mind, BGG is primarily for English speakers, but League serves a global audience. So we're not, yet, shipping to Korea or Russia or Japan or Argentina. And while the EU store can reach these countries, we haven't yet translated the game to German, French, Italian, Czech, so for many people in those regions (and many, many others), the game is still unavailable. For AUS, the game is still basically unavailable, but AUS is also a unique snowflake in that we speak the same basic language - so we won't need to reprint a new language for you.

I can't commit to when (or in many cases IF) we'll be able to get the game to other regions, and Oceanic regions fall squarely in that bucket. Part of that depends on demand - though there can definitely be other factors. Every country is different. But until the day we can get local distribution sorted, you could be in the same boat as Japan or Russia or Korea and not even have the option.

Ultimately, I'd encourage you to only get MvM when you feel it's worth it to you and your situation. There's not intended to be a hard sell, here, and if I can get it distributed in AUS in the future, I will. I'd hate for you to spend through the nose on shipping and 12 months later, you're frustrated that the guy down the street got it for cheaper.

I guess I saw a bad choice as slightly better than no choice.


Not sure that context will even help. :/
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
do you know which company is going to be used to ship the game to Canada?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any comment in regards to the Canadian situation? My calculations leave us at around $165 CAD.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.