$20.00
$5.00
$30.00
$15.00
Bob Jenkins
msg tools
If I receive a warrant through a Nav Card and am already solid with Harken and have an active job with Badger (job not completed) what happens?

I understand I've automatically lost rep with Harken because I can't be solid with him with any Warrant tokens.

But my question is I would I still maintain my active job with Badger since I didn't receive a warrant while working; it was through the Nav card?

Rulebook page 15
Losing Rep
Contacts do not like it when someone working for them gets tagged by the
Alliance. If you receive a Warrant while working a Job for a Contact,
any reputation with that Contact is lost along with any and all benefits
for being Solid. Niska takes particular offense to this kind of misstep (see Niska’s special rule for details). You may subsequently again prove
yourself useful by completing a Job for the offended Contact and restore
your Solid rep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Working" a job is only the part where you are actively taking the "work" action. So once you have done the "work" action to pick up your cargo you are not considered to be "working" a job until you reach your destination and do another "work" action to complete the job.

The time you are flying between locations is not considered "working" a job, even if it is "active". So in your example you would not lose your Badger job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
"Working" a job is only the part where you are actively taking the "work" action. So once you have done the "work" action to pick up your cargo you are not considered to be "working" a job until you reach your destination and do another "work" action to complete the job.

The time you are flying between locations is not considered "working" a job, even if it is "active". So in your example you would not lose your Badger job.
really? i would have thought from the moment you start the job, until the moment you end the job, that you are "working" the job...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jenkins
msg tools
Seems to be a distinction between a work action and working a job. It would be difficult to keep track of who is working which job simultaneously
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
reverendunclebastard wrote:

really? i would have thought from the moment you start the job, until the moment you end the job, that you are "working" the job...

Nope, this has been discussed at length elsewhere. You are only "working" when you are actively doing a "work" action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about starting a 2nd Job/ Are the Crew who are working the 1st specifically excused from working on another. Not really otherwise it would be difficult to keep track of who is working on which Job...

As mentioned Working a Job only applies to the actual "Work" action when you start or finish a Job and not between these Actions.

Does that make it clearer? Hope so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
References for those too lazy to use google themselves...

Warrants and active jobs.
Active Jobs + Warrants Question

Official FAQ - Page 4:

"Crew are only considered to be Working the Job during the Work Action."

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/all_images/GF9/Firefly/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the Solid Rep with Harken is lost whenever you get a Warrant, regardless of the origin of that Warrant. And you cannot become Solid with Harken if you have an outstanding Warrant. (there are certain cards which give you "Solid with Harken" status, which aren't lost when you pick up a Warrant, though.

the active Badger job is still intact in your scenario, though. Only Warrants picked up through Misbehave cards drawn while performing a work action for that job trigger job loss (and a loss of Solid Rep with that contact, if you already had it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The big difference here is between "Working a Job" which requires a work action and "having an active job" which is what happens between the time you start job and finish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.