Subject: Any updates? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many who would be in this forum I threw money at splotter as soon as TGZ and Indonesia preorders were up. I was just curious as we approach october if there's been any update on timelines or tweaks to the rereleases I may have missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Like many who would be in this forum I threw money at splotter as soon as TGZ and Indonesia preorders were up. I was just curious as we approach october if there's been any update on timelines or tweaks to the rereleases I may have missed.

All I have read was Essen timeframe, which is mid October. I would think that they will ship out either just before or just after. They may be pretty busy leading up to Essen but sending everything out afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An email just went out saying TGZ and Indonesia are slightly delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I didn't get an email. Did they give any details?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

Dear Splotter customer,

I'm mailing you to inform you that a part of your existing order for Indonesia and/or The Great Zimbabwe will be shipped to you soon. In this order, you have also ordered another item (for instance an upgrade set or a different game).

Unfortunately both The Great Zimbabwe and Indonesia suffered some delays due to components that weren't delivered yet. We will ship a whole batch of these games to Funagain Games in the US once they are finished. They will take over the process of shipping the ordered game(s) to your individual address. You'll be notified by them once this happens and they will include a tracking code for your convenience.

In the meantime, your orders also contain other items and as we have just recently decided to ship Zimbabwe and Indonesia differently, there is nothing that stops us from getting the orders that are available right now shipped to you! So that's exactly what we will do. A few minutes ago I processed the complete list of orders that can be shipped to our packers and they will get to sending those as soon as they can, probably somewhere next week!

If you have a question about your specific order, please reply to this email with your question and please include your order number so I can look it up for you!

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Juriaan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wery67564 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Dear Splotter customer,

I'm mailing you to inform you that a part of your existing order for Indonesia and/or The Great Zimbabwe will be shipped to you soon. In this order, you have also ordered another item (for instance an upgrade set or a different game).

Unfortunately both The Great Zimbabwe and Indonesia suffered some delays due to components that weren't delivered yet. We will ship a whole batch of these games to Funagain Games in the US once they are finished. They will take over the process of shipping the ordered game(s) to your individual address. You'll be notified by them once this happens and they will include a tracking code for your convenience.

In the meantime, your orders also contain other items and as we have just recently decided to ship Zimbabwe and Indonesia differently, there is nothing that stops us from getting the orders that are available right now shipped to you! So that's exactly what we will do. A few minutes ago I processed the complete list of orders that can be shipped to our packers and they will get to sending those as soon as they can, probably somewhere next week!

If you have a question about your specific order, please reply to this email with your question and please include your order number so I can look it up for you!

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Juriaan

Thanks! I am guessing I didn't get the email due to only ordering those two items (and so no lartial shipment)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that their manufacturer is having a hard time keeping up with demand. They'll get caught up though!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
I heard that their manufacturer is having a hard time keeping up with demand. They'll get caught up though!thumbsup

More importantly, have you heard anything about the new Indonesia map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wiggins
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wery67564 wrote:
eapeas wrote:

MORE more importantly have you heard anything about the new Splotter game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeWiggins wrote:
wery67564 wrote:
eapeas wrote:

I had heard the reprints meant no new game this year, perhaps I was incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
JoeWiggins wrote:
wery67564 wrote:
eapeas wrote:

Yes, I've heard about the map and upgraded components.

No new game this year. Reprints or a new game. It'll be 2017 or '18 for any new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
JoeWiggins wrote:
wery67564 wrote:
eapeas wrote:

Yes, I've heard about the map and upgraded components.

No new game this year. Reprints or a new game. It'll be 2017 or '18 for any new game.

I am hoping for a reprint of Antiquity in 2017!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:

With player screens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Redward wrote:

With player screens!

That is an upgrade pack I would buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone got tracking info from Fun Again yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Has anyone got tracking info from Fun Again yet?

I think we have a few weeks on that. If Splotter just shioped from europe it has to cross the pond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
msg tools
mbmb
Also not an email recipient but I did order both copies. Still waiting for them to show on my doorstep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping the new Indonesia board will be offered separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:

I am pretty certain that they have already reported that this will not be happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheeler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
quietcorn wrote:

I am pretty certain that they have already reported that this will not be happening.

I wish they would, since there's a gameplay change and not merely an aesthetic change as with the other pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mister allen wrote:
Redward wrote:
quietcorn wrote:

I wish they would, since there's a gameplay change and not merely an aesthetic change as with the other pieces.

I believe one problem with releasing the board separately is that they changed all the icons, so the icons printed on the new board won't match your chits from the old version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
mister allen wrote:
Redward wrote:
quietcorn wrote:

I believe one problem with releasing the board separately is that they changed all the icons, so the icons printed on the new board won't match your chits from the old version.

There's also logistics and pricing. The set of first edition owners who care enough to get the new board and would be willing to fork over the money required is likely very very small. That will make production costs higher and therefor prices higher. Add in that the board won't liley be stocked by any retailers so you add shipping costs on top of everything reducing the set even further.

It is probably not too far off the mark to say someone seeking a new board might be better off just buying the whole new edition from a local/online retailer neither them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
350 days ago I preordered TGZ and Info. Has onlyone in the states gotten their copy or gotten shipping info from funagain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
350 days ago I preordered TGZ and Info. Has onlyone in the states gotten their copy or gotten shipping info from funagain?

Other thread addresses this, apparently the only shipment to get delayed was the preorders, they should be at funagain in the next week as they are enroute from Portland, which they were misshipped to, and then delayed by the inclement weather in that area. There is the whole thing with an apology from splotter, but i am on mobile and too lazy to link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:

Here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.