Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Fable Glossary, the Location 2 action is described as "Exchange 1 banana for 2 "other" fruits".

I am confused by the use of "other". Does that mean that the opponent in the exchange cannot give you bananas? Or does it just mean two fruit that aren't the banana you just gave him.

e.g.
I have one banana, you have two bananas, one pineapple and one coconut. Do you have to give me the pineapple and the coconut in the exchange, or could you choose to include your bananas in the exchange?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It simply means "not the banana you just gave him".

So yes, the opponent can give you one or two of his bananas.

Best regards,

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
So, if I understand this correctly, that has this consequence in the following scenario:

I have a banana, which I give to my opponent. He has only one fruit in his/her hand before I give that banana. After I give the banana, my opponent has two fruits in his/her hand. He/she may only give me one of them, even if his/hers is a banana, because the (other) banana was mine. Is that correct?

Another question about this location. It may be rare that this situation happens, but if Location 51 (Take 1 fruitmix) is or has been on the table, how does Location 2 interact with the fruitmix cards?
- Can you give a fruitmix with a banana on it to another player to get two fruits back?
- Can and/or must another player give you a fruitmix card back as a consequence of the action taken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
0616william wrote:
So, if I understand this correctly, that has this consequence in the following scenario:

I have a banana, which I give to my opponent. He has only one fruit in his/her hand before I give that banana. After I give the banana, my opponent has two fruits in his/her hand. He/she may only give me one of them, even if his/hers is a banana, because the (other) banana was mine. Is that correct?

Yes.

To prevent confusion, I'd suggest that the other player should not take the banana into their hand until after giving you two cards (or one card if they only have one) from their hand.

Quote:
Another question about this location. It may be rare that this situation happens, but if Location 51 (Take 1 fruitmix) is or has been on the table, how does Location 2 interact with the fruitmix cards?
- Can you give a fruitmix with a banana on it to another player to get two fruits back?

I'm not sure about this one. The instructions for location 51 say you can use a fruit-mix card when buying a juice. They don't say you can use it as a normal fruit in any other way.

But if a player really wants to give up a fruit-mix card in this way, I'd probably allow it.

Quote:
- Can and/or must another player give you a fruitmix card back as a consequence of the action taken?

A fruit-mix card does count as a fruit, so I'd say yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
The glossary says that the fruit-mix cards are shuffled in the deck when it's depleted AND after the fruit-mix related location is gone, so I interprated it all this way as well.

And as I also understand the fruit-mix cards, they also represent the one OR the other piece of fruit, not both of them, when you use them. I mean that you can't use both fruits on one of these cards to buy something. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0616william wrote:
And as I also understand the fruit-mix cards, they also represent the one OR the other piece of fruit, not both of them, when you use them. I mean that you can't use both fruits on one of these cards to buy something. Correct?

Correct, they are like a joker which can take on one of two possible values.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.