Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Terror Mission - Mark 3 monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if we played correctly.
The mission's last step involves marking 3 monsters for the heroes to kill.

I was wondering how should the heroes approach this situation? The Sin player marks the avatar and pile up with the abominations indoor.

This makes it very difficult to for any heroes to survive an attack against this group. Not sure if i'm missing any rules... :(





offtopic:
Wondering how the turn structure should work when a fight happen.
I've been playing it as...
1) Sin Player may play "start of battle" card
2) Heroes now choose to corrupt self or not
3) Roll Dices
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Bradford
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can only say how I'd handle the situation. Find an Orbital Strike location and utilize it to burn off the Abominations and have a team waiting within range to move in and engage the Avatar.

Or work towards stacking equipment and then crank up Corruption during a suicide-style final rush.

As far as combat is concerned...
I don't have any of the cards in front of me, so I can't really give an opinion without possibly overlooking a specific ability or effect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:

offtopic:
Wondering how the turn structure should work when a fight happen.
I've been playing it as...
1) Sin Player may play "start of battle" card
2) Heroes now choose to corrupt self or not
3) Roll Dices


I don't have a reference but I'm sure I've seen official response being that there are no "gotcha" card plays. So for example, you can't play some +corruption card after faith players take corruption pre-fight. In that case everyone gets a roll-back, so timing shouldn't be too important.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLoneSubmariner wrote:
I can only say how I'd handle the situation. Find an Orbital Strike location and utilize it to burn off the Abominations and have a team waiting within range to move in and engage the Avatar.

Or work towards stacking equipment and then crank up Corruption during a suicide-style final rush.

As far as combat is concerned...
I don't have any of the cards in front of me, so I can't really give an opinion without possibly overlooking a specific ability or effect.


Thanks.

I never had the chance to use the laser sadly.
I was using the Map A (the T map) and it was pretty difficult to go through to that spot with all the bottle necking in the middls tile's street.

Will definitely try this.
So far 2 games of the same scenario, Sins had a land slide win.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
exqcme wrote:

offtopic:
Wondering how the turn structure should work when a fight happen.
I've been playing it as...
1) Sin Player may play "start of battle" card
2) Heroes now choose to corrupt self or not
3) Roll Dices


I don't have a reference but I'm sure I've seen official response being that there are no "gotcha" card plays. So for example, you can't play some +corruption card after faith players take corruption pre-fight. In that case everyone gets a roll-back, so timing shouldn't be too important.


Good to know, i thought so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:
Just wondering if we played correctly.
The mission's last step involves marking 3 monsters for the heroes to kill.

I was wondering how should the heroes approach this situation? The Sin player marks the avatar and pile up with the abominations indoor.

This makes it very difficult to for any heroes to survive an attack against this group. Not sure if i'm missing any rules...






yea, if they pile up you gotta sacrifice the hero usually. like thelonesubmariner said using an orbital strike to kill a monster is very useful, and then going in kamizkaze style, or with a rocco(+2 fist) with near max corruption and upgrades should do the trick.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
msyterhe wrote:
exqcme wrote:
Just wondering if we played correctly.
The mission's last step involves marking 3 monsters for the heroes to kill.

I was wondering how should the heroes approach this situation? The Sin player marks the avatar and pile up with the abominations indoor.

This makes it very difficult to for any heroes to survive an attack against this group. Not sure if i'm missing any rules...



yea, if they pile up you gotta sacrifice the hero usually. like thelonesubmariner said using an orbital strike to kill a monster is very useful, and then going in kamizkaze style, or with a rocco(+2 fist) with near max corruption and upgrades should do the trick.


Quick note: if it's indoor, Rocco doesn't get his +2 bonus as that's only for ranged attacks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this to my players their first game. I had the avatar, the controller and Grin hold up in a building and defeated them all(16 base dice and no way for them to use the satellite. Had the players been a bit more experienced and paid attention to the mission they would have seen what I was doing ahead of time and cut me off from this tactic. Admittedly, this tactic is cheap, but it can be worked around by the players. It is a suicide mission at best though.

Grizz
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about keeping all the marked monsters in a location, but I was too anxious to tear things up, so I kept reacting and sending the avatar in to destroy. I had placed a lot of markers in the streets, so I was getting some bonuses by rushing out to engage them one on one. They only got one of the marked abominations before I got my last kill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.