Subject: Sagrada Window Size Poll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
This poll was created at the request of backer "Zsolt Farkas":

Poll
How do you feel about the window size on the Sagrada player boards?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Finally! I was thinking about dropping my pledge because the window size is too big.
1.4% 1
I like the smaller window size better.
17.6% 13
The window size is indifferent to me.
16.2% 12
The original bigger window is better.
58.1% 43
I quit if you reduce the window size, as it was one of the main reasons I joined the campaign.
6.8% 5
Voters 74
This poll is now closed.   74 answers
Poll created by feldfan2014
Closes: Sat Oct 8, 2016 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chopping the 4 window cards in half to turn them into 8 window cards means more variety from game to game as there are more possible combinations of window cards that can be in play for a given game. There's no downside to that.

But if they're also reducing the player board size to match, then some of the beautiful artwork is lost, and that's what could be an issue.

That's why I voted "I like the smaller window size better" with the understanding that the player board would remain the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate you putting effort into this, but this decision has many other manufacturing considerations behind it. I'll keep everyone informed as details solidify
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess what I don't understand is why having two windows per card instead of four necessitates smaller player boards. Sure, it means you can have smaller player boards if you want to, but smaller player boards don't seem to me to be a precondition of smaller window cards. Am I wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Floodgate wrote:
I appreciate you putting effort into this, but this decision has many other manufacturing considerations behind it. I'll keep everyone informed as details solidify

Ben, what is the current size of the player boards? I think people are speculating thinking it might be too big or too small, but as far as I know, no ones but you know the real size of it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jungle_boy wrote:
I guess what I don't understand is why having two windows per card instead of four necessitates smaller player boards. Sure, it means you can have smaller player boards if you want to, but smaller player boards don't seem to me to be a precondition of smaller window cards. Am I wrong?

Great question!
Filling what was a gap for the double window card adds a lot of material (which adds cost and weight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
Floodgate wrote:

Ben, what is the current size of the player boards? I think people are speculating thinking it might be too big or too small, but as far as I know, no ones but you know the real size of it. Thanks.

They'll still have the same stained glass window effect, only shorter by about half of the window cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Floodgate wrote:
jungle_boy wrote:

Great question!
Filling what was a gap for the double window card adds a lot of material (which adds cost and weight).

Fair enough. But it seems like the division here is that some people want two windows per card to increase the number of combinations, while others want large windows. And both of these elements can be included together to please both groups - albeit for a higher price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Floodgate wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:
Floodgate wrote:

They'll still have the same stained glass window effect, only shorter by about half of the window cards

Ok, but what was the original actual size (in inches)? And what size would be the new one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanne S
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
while I agree the art is beautiful and representative of the church and theme, it would make the game a lot bigger footprint on the table, less portable, and somewhat clunky to use. The demo version I played at Gen Con was just a frame with a single card (not sure if it was double sided) and it had no art at that time like the current player board images and the size of the simple grid felt right to me. I'll concede the need to make it larger for the art, but in my opinion there is a point it's too much in terms of size and it becomes awkward and less functional to use. I value function over aesthetics at that point, which is why the smaller option, I think, is a good middle ground for aesthetics and functionality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Diaz Diaz
Spain
oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
well, right at the moment, the creator should decide what to do, but backers have told their opinion...
Salu2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Doll
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is you are able to increase portability by ditching the player cards all together.

We played the game at GenCon and I immediately enjoyed the mechanics. The sample cover art elevated the game. My wife was ecstatic to see the player boards in the original kickstarter campaign.

I understand it would probably be cheaper to produce with the smaller boards, but their costing was done originally with the larger player boards.

The cutting of the player boards in half would not be a free change (die change or changing the material size), so I assume they were hoping to make up for that by reducing material cost in the player board while they were making the change.

The point being that it is trivial to increase portability by ditching the boards (in your personal copy). Manufacturing cost was (hopefully) done with the original sized boards in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.