Anthony Lutz
msg tools
I played it that the droid could not activate when a generic placed him, but he could interrupt with overclock when the elite ugnaught placed him, is that correct?

Also, if a junk droid is next to a terminal and it is uncontested, does that allow you to still draw an extra card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in general, newly deployed units can be activated the same turn so i would expect the droid can likewise be activated in the same turn it was deployed.

only if it states they enter exhausted can they not be activate this turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to stand in line at a Starbucks and ask someone the title of this thread just a little too loud, and have someone film the reactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Junk Droid enters the game ready, so it has to activate after the Ugnaught Tinkerer that Spot Welded him.

Yes, companions are considered to be your figures when determining control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Nilsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Can the Junk Droid activate several times per round if there are more than one Ughnaught on the map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niles_Floyd wrote:
Can the Junk Droid activate several times per round if there are more than one Ughnaught on the map?

Yes. Scrap Batallion says the Junk Droid readies at the beginning of each Ugnaught's (group) activation and activates as-if part of each Ugnaught's group (which means it activates either before of after the Ugnaught figure).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Nilsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
a1bert wrote:
Niles_Floyd wrote:

Yes. Scrap Batallion says the Junk Droid readies at the beginning of each Ugnaught's (group) activation and activates as-if part of each Ugnaught's group (which means it activates either before of after the Ugnaught figure).

I was confused because it says that a companion is associated with a group or a hero. So therefore I thougt it could only be activated by THAT Group or hero.
"The companion shares that hero or group's affiliation and activates before or after the corresponding activation."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Companion rules give just the general rules. They seem to be repeated with each companion or a hero or figure that the companion associates with.

Scrap Batallion is in addition to the general rules saying the Junk Droid activates as part of every Ugnaught's group and readies with every Ugnaught. Which Ugnaught the Junk Droid is actually associated with does not matter because it is overriden by Scrap Batallion.

The Ugnaught who put the Junk Droid into play can even be defeated and removed from the map, and the Junk Droid can still activate with any other Ugnaught who is still in play even when the Junk Droid is no longer associated with any figure.

(The Junk Droid is surely the most complicated companion we have, and you have not yet come across the most unclear aspect yet, where rules as written say one thing while the intent was different. I hope it will appear in the next FAQ.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.