The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: playing solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
danutzek danutzek
Romania
flag msg tools
Hello !

Can you please tell me how good is Aaron if you are playing the game solitaire? Are there multiple ways of difficulty of it?

Thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Aaron is very variable in difficulty because each round he gets a random set of cards to flip over. It is possible he will get triplets of several colors very easily and you will lose immediately or it is possible he will have a very low score and you will beat him easily. Most likely, I have seen him lean more towards difficult but not impossible to beat. There are not variable levels of difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Aaron is not particularly hard to beat. It isn't interactive at all - it is really just a variable scoring goal that increases every round. I've been playing with it for my solo games, but you don't really need to use it and I may stop since it seems like extra effort for no gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
danutzek wrote:
Hello !

Can you please tell me how good is Aaron if you are playing the game solitaire? Are there multiple ways of difficulty of it?

Thank you !

Check out this variant for a "better" Aaron...

Solitaire...more consequence for the Aaron bot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I'm 4-5 against Aaron. What I like about it as an AI is that it is not fiddly in that it does not require you play Aaron's and your hands. You deal his cards out at the beginning of each round and have a score you have to match or beat to continue--sometimes it is more aggressive than others. It plays quick (15-20 mins) and is easy to take with you.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.