Carson City: Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Fulfillment Issues with Quined Games?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john meyer

columbia
Missouri
msg tools
I wanted to let you all know my experience with Quined Games and see if this is a pattern or if I'm just having some bad luck.

I ordered Carson City big box directly from Quined Games on 8/29/2016. It was not cheap, especially with shipping to the states, but it was the kickstarter edition and I wanted to support the publisher directly so I pulled the trigger anyway.

3 weeks and 2 days later, I still don't have any evidence the package has shipped. Paul has been responsive to emails, but is pushing blame on the distributor. Told me the package shipped last Tuesday (9/13), and I have a tracking number, but DHL is not tracking any activity on the package in their system. Paul assures me they have copies in stock and that the package is on its way.

As I said, Paul is responsive to my emails so that is a good thing. My impression so far is that he is a very nice and genuine person. I assume the game will show up eventually, but I am starting to lose trust that I will be receiving it any time soon.

Has anyone else ordered directly from there store and have any experience with their shipping lead times? Thanks kindly for any insight.

Update: I received the package today, 10/14. So 6 1/2 weeks from placing the order. Everything was in perfect condition. So the takeaway is when ordering from overseas direct from publishers...be patient

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't ordered from their store, only backed them on KS a few times. No problems.

I will say that DHL blows. Soooo slow and worthless tracking on every package I've gotten from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not had any experience ordering from them, but none of what you described would make me not want to order from them again. Getting a package from Europe takes a long time anyways (travel time) and the fact it shipped within a couple of weeks of you placing the order does not sound unreasonable to me.

If your weeks had been replaced with months, I might be worried, but give it time, it will arrive it sounds like If they said it's been shipped, expect to see it in a month or two - that's been my experience with ordering stuff from Europe when it's not being shipped with a high cost.

When I direct ordered Mysterium from Portal games last year, it took it just shy of 2 months to get to me, but I knew it was on the way and it arrived. Same when I ordered a copy of it direct from the publisher in the Ukraine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john meyer

columbia
Missouri
msg tools
makes sense, my collection has built over the last couple years mostly from CSI and MM, so I'm used to getting things more quickly and I suppose I've become impatient

Like I said, Paul seems like a great guy and I'll be happy to back Quined Games on future projects. I'll anxiously await Carson City, I'm super excited to get it to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never worry when the other side is responsive. I've been on both sides of things going wrong, and it always works out when both sides communicate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Champ
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from them in the past and it took about 4wks. I also didn't receive any updates beyond my order confirmation so I emailed Arno directly and he responded promptly. I can in excellent condition(yeah, DHL can be lame with tracking info).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ortiz
Mexico
Puebla
Puebla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered my copy from them directly around February and it took 6 weeks before I recived it, so be patient and make sure you check the box so you don't throw away the promo card that comes outside the big box (I almost did)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.