Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all GREAT game; best theme ever, and really fun. Wondering why it doesn't have a better ratings value on the geek? It's a great game!

3 clarifications on rules please:
1) When do you play a cards sideways? I find that part confusing. I know it's when you use the ability of a card, but when do you or can you turn a heart card sideways? What we're doing is only playing a heart card sideways if we're revealing it (turning it over for the first time) as part of reliving a memory. Is that the only time you do that? So you know which heart cards you revealed that way?
1a) question - can you still use the ability of a heart card that is turned sideways as part of reliving a memory?

2) Other follow up question to 1 is when else can you turn a heart card sideways to relive a memory and be able to use it in future dreams? Can you ONLY do it if the card is not revealed yet? e.g. if I have a heart card that is already revealed, but has not been turned sideways from having relived a memory, can I still do that later if I relive a memory of the same color? e.g. Or is the ONLY way to do that is by revealing a unrevealed heart card that hasn't been played yet? Trying to figure out how to get more cards in the pile to save for the final dream and having a hard time with that. Doesn't seem like you have many options if the game is progressing.

3) In the final third dream, if Ren has placed a 5 card in the final spot, MUST she immediately play it after the 3rd poem line is complete? Or can she slow play it to only reveal it after the 4th turn? I played with my son and he placed a 5 in the fourth heart spot but we needed one more turn to meet our win conditions. Could we have done that or did we lose if we have to reveal immediately and didn't meet our conditions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more add on question - can you use the ability of heart cards, or only the ones added to it in the poem rows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
You put cards sideways in 2 cases:
- you use a card ability in a Poem row - so you "tap" the card to show it's been used
- you play a Poem card which matches the colour of the Heart card - Ren of course has to tell you there's a match - and Ren then turns the Heart card sideways to show that you cannot score it later if it's revealed with a relived memory

That might help you with your 1st 2 questions.

As to 3) - you must I think immediately complete the last row. That's how I've played it anyway. So not, imo, a good idea to put a 5 in that spot, since you might want to give Feth more chances e.g. to relive memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:

As to 3) - you must I think immediately complete the last row. That's how I've played it anyway. So not, imo, a good idea to put a 5 in that spot, since you might want to give Feth more chances e.g. to relive memories.

I thought so and agree, which is what I told my son after we finished the game - in retrospect for the final dream that was a bad strategy move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
mabouche wrote:
3 clarifications on rules please:
1) When do you play a cards sideways? I find that part confusing.

In two occasions:
1) If Ren puts a poem card of the SAME COLOUR as the heart card in that row, she MUST reveal the heart card and turn it sideways. This is bad, because the card won't be scored.
2) When a poem card's power is used, it's turned sideways to show that. There is no other reason; so sideways poem cards just means "their power can't be used again"

mabouche wrote:
1a) question - can you still use the ability of a heart card that is turned sideways as part of reliving a memory?

You can never use the ability of heart card. Only poem cards.

mabouche wrote:
2) Other follow up question to 1 is when else can you turn a heart card sideways to relive a memory and be able to use it in future dreams? Can you ONLY do it if the card is not revealed yet? e.g. if I have a heart card that is already revealed, but has not been turned sideways from having relived a memory, can I still do that later if I relive a memory of the same color?

You are mistaking something. You don't turn the heart card sideways to relive a memory. It's when Feth forms a '7', and Ren has at least one (unrevealed) heart card of that colour, that she reveals that (heart) card, and does NOT turn it sideways. This is good, because this card will be scored at the end of the dream.

A revealed heart card will never be turned sideways. Heart cards turned sideways means that they weren't revealed due to a relived memory, but because Ren took a card from the Atman of the same colour as the heart card, i.e. it was a forced reveal, and won't be scored.

Likewise, a side-ways turned heart card will never be turned back, even if Feth at a later stage during the dream forms a '7' of that colour.

mabouche wrote:
3) In the final third dream, if Ren has placed a 5 card in the final spot, MUST she immediately play it after the 3rd poem line is complete?

She doesn't exactly "play" it – but if she's placed a '5' as the fourth heart card, yes, the dream will immediately end after round 3, and if the Atman isn't correct at that point, it's game over. As Feth will probably be unprepared for this, it's not advisable to have a '5' there.

THE ABOVE SAID, the good points with non-digital board games is that you're allowed to change the rules as you deem fit. The point of a card game is to have fun, and if the above seems too difficult, feel free to easy up the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome; appreciate the answers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.