Subject: Question about 1st edition expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean L
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I own MoM fist edition and both big box expansions. Now I read that the conversion kit in 2nd edition would show me what I could use from these so it's wouldn't be a waste as the two "expansions" coming out are just content from these boxes. Yet I was reading on FFG's site on those products that each of these have their own conversion kits. Does this mean I have to buy them as well?

While I love the idea of a fully coop Mansions I don't want to rebuy stuff I already have.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
You dont have to buy anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarr Im A Pirate wrote:
So I own MoM fist edition and both big box expansions. Now I read that the conversion kit in 2nd edition would show me what I could use from these so it's wouldn't be a waste as the two "expansions" coming out are just content from these boxes. Yet I was reading on FFG's site on those products that each of these have their own conversion kits. Does this mean I have to buy them as well?

While I love the idea of a fully coop Mansions I don't want to rebuy stuff I already have.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Buying the second edition base set will give you everything you need to use the first edition base set and its two big box expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean L
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying. From what I hear though the scenarios that utilize this aren't out yet, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you own 1st Ed Base, Call of the Wild, and Forbidden Alchemy, you already own everything you need.

Once you pick up Mansions 2nd, you can mark off on the app that you own all that stuff from 1st ed and the app will incorporate those tiles, monsters, and investigators into your game.

The two expansions coming out, Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares, are just collections of monsters/tiles/investigators from 1st Edition for the people that don't already own them. Since you own 1st Ed stuff already, you can ignore these and you'll get access to the scenarios that come with them for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
With the new scenarios coming out do people need to tick that they own the expansions in order to play the new scenarios? Provided they own the first edition stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. One scenario for the base set. One scenario for Call of the Wild.

EDIT: Spelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Stclair
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarr Im A Pirate wrote:
Thanks for clarifying. From what I hear though the scenarios that utilize this aren't out yet, correct?

They are now! Fantasy flight just tweeted they've updated the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.