Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does it take an action for a leader to search for an Event Rumor artifact? The rules for Rumors are on page 9 of the manual but do not state that searching for an artifact consumes 1 of 3 actions on a players turn, so I assume it doesn't require an action?

None of the actions mention search or artifact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same question here. Also do rumors stay out so one can hunt for the artifact on other rounds or is it a one time offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
msg tools
publisher
Rumors do not take an action and they are a one time opportunity regardless of success or failure (they are just rumors after all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure I understand this correctly.

Rumors require no action? (Yay)

They are a one time opportunity. So they disappear the first time someone attempts the rumour in that round. And also disappear if no one searched for them that round and the next event comes out?

Sorry if it seems pedantic but my gaming group is a bunch of rules lawyers .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jon, that sounds like how it should be played. The rules of course make no mentioned of any of that, so we just left the rumors on the board until someone completed them, allowing only 1 attempt per player turn. Taking them off the board when the round ends (new event is drawn) sounds like a better idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did the same thing as your group did. Had 3 rumours on the board in a short game as a result.

First game so we'd gone to war way to soon and wiped our respective armies out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
msg tools
publisher
Sorry I was not clear in the explanation, a rumor remains until someone has searched for it, but once someone looks for a rumor, if that person fails, the rumor still goes away (so it is a one shot chance).

I kind of like that rule that it is only out for one turn, but that is not how it is intended. :-)

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea was that when someone searches the area for the Rumor, it is either proved to be true: they find the item, or false: there never was an item there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.