Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the enemies turn, if they can any kind of "move 2x" result, can they move through an area with French forces?

I would assume they have to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
They stop. As I recall there is a rule preventing you from moving "past" enemy pieces. At the very least, using you charge or flank orders to get around the enemy is not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Units can not move past any enemy units and must stop as they will be deemed to be in melee combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant on the campaign map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
I meant on the campaign map

Still have to stop - then engage in battle as usual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemy moves on the campaign map involve moving into the area with the weakest French army - and if none can be reached within the range of movement then towards the nearest French army (and if more than one at the same range, the weakest of those).

There is a possible situation where your original question might be best answered with an example: Imagine a line of five connected areas with the enemy in the middle and three others occupied by French forces of total strength 2, 14 and 5. The remaining space is empty. The line of areas is as follows -

French(2) / French(14) / Enemy / empty / French(5)

Now say that the Enemy has to "Move x2". The weakest army within range is French(2), but this can only be reached by moving left and would involve passing through an area with a stronger force where the enemy would have to stop. Therefore the enemy would instead move right, passing through the empty area to do battle with French(5). In other words the enemy uses whatever movement it is allocated to reach the weakest possible French army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if:

French(2)/Empty/Enemy/French(5)/Empty

Closest enemy is the French(5), but weakest is the French(2).

Which direction does the enemy go?

I assume for a normal "Advance" it attacks the French(5), but if it is Advance x2, do you treat movement as two separate "Advance" orders (in which case it would move into the French(5) area and stop) or do you look at it as one larger "Advance" order?

Hopefully that made sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
What if:

French(2)/Empty/Enemy/French(5)/Empty

Closest enemy is the French(5), but weakest is the French(2).

Which direction does the enemy go?

I assume for a normal "Advance" it attacks the French(5), but if it is Advance x2, do you treat movement as two separate "Advance" orders (in which case it would move into the French(5) area and stop) or do you look at it as one larger "Advance" order?

Hopefully that made sense.

Ye it makes perfect sense and (if I understand the rules correctly) the answer is this: An Advance x2 would take the enemy into the French(2) space. You treat the advance as if it were one order and you move the enemy to the smallest French force it can reach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.