Subject: Opera House and "Beginning of Phase 3" Wording rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Waybright

Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When determining the Opera House, would the player take into consideration whether or not they placed a posse at the Sheriff's Office to adjust the value of his/her poker card?

For example, I had a natural 1 in hand, but place at S.O. in order to wrap it to a 5 value. If that is the highest single card, do I get the benefit of the Opera House?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Bencer wrote:
When determining the Opera House, would the player take into consideration whether or not they placed a posse at the Sheriff's Office to adjust the value of his/her poker card?

For example, I had a natural 1 in hand, but place at S.O. in order to wrap it to a 5 value. If that is the highest single card, do I get the benefit of the Opera House?

Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, you would. Sheriff Office adjustments count for all considerations in phases 3 and 4.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:

Yes, you would. Sheriff Office adjustments count for all considerations in phases 3 and 4.

Enjoy!

Is this mentioned in the rules? I thought that Sheriff Office adjustments would resolve during the resolution of the Sheriff Office location, just like all other hourglass actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
mgcoe wrote:

Enjoy!

Is this mentioned in the rules? I thought that Sheriff Office adjustments would resolve during the resolution of the Sheriff Office location, just like all other hourglass actions.

All hourglass actions are resolved at the beginning of phase 3, the exception being if the hourglass icon is paired with the stack of poker chips icon. Then that requires that you win the poker hand to collect that reward. Hope that helps!

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thanks Michael!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What if their is a tie for opera house? Both players get the 3 influence? And if it turns out you don't have the highest would the other person get the influence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jaguitar7 wrote:
What if their is a tie for opera house? Both players get the 3 influence? And if it turns out you don't have the highest would the other person get the influence?

First break the tie by suit, then break the tie by who has the highest natural card and suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes I read that in the rule book. I guess my observation is this: the opera house ability would not be activated unless a posse member was on the slot. So only a the posse member can profit from that ability. In gameplay if I found out that I did not have the high card I would just not profit from the opera house ability. But since in my game there was a complete tie as a result of the sheriffs office. The rule book says both players receive the reward. So if that is true then if I activate the opera house ability and someone else has the high card can they profit of of it even though I'm the one that is on the opera house? Or is it plainly that if I'm not the high card I don't get the influence. Even if I tie I just don't get the influence. I must be the high card. Did I explain the question better? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok I reread your response and understand! If it's a tie as a result of the sheriffs office ability you would then nullify the ability and go by what you said "natural" number and suit. Gotcha thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jaguitar7 wrote:
Yes I read that in the rule book. I guess my observation is this: the opera house ability would not be activated unless a posse member was on the slot. So only a the posse member can profit from that ability. In gameplay if I found out that I did not have the high card I would just not profit from the opera house ability. But since in my game there was a complete tie as a result of the sheriffs office. The rule book says both players receive the reward. So if that is true then if I activate the opera house ability and someone else has the high card can they profit of of it even though I'm the one that is on the opera house? Or is it plainly that if I'm not the high card I don't get the influence. Even if I tie I just don't get the influence. I must be the high card. Did I explain the question better? Thanks!

That's referring to winner's pot at a location. Only the person at the Opera House can gain the benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.