Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Rebellion PBF Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This list has been replaced with the Wiki located HERE!

Please go to the Wiki for instructions on how to add yourself to the waiting list.

The following players have expressed interest in playing Rebellion PBF:

1. TheAlgebraist (prefer 4 players)
2. Thrombozyt (prefer 2 players)
3. Donkenzo (prefer 2 players)

No one is obligated to use this list, but I thought this might be a better system than just going with whoever sends the fastest geekmail. If you want to add your name, post a reply in this thread and I'll try to keep the list updated as best I can.

And moderators, let me know when you invite people off the list as well so I can remove them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
On the High Frontier forum, there was a PBF wiki opened that allowed players to put their names at the bottom of a list, to be chosen from when new games were started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there's a similar setup for Battlestar Galactica. This thread was the easiest thing for me to set up quickly but the wiki option might be worthwhile going forward if there are a lot of people looking to get into games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi! Please write me up there as number 7. I prefer 2 players but will play anyway with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I PM'd the number 1 and 2 on the list (Ian and Luke) for a 2 player PBF. I'll post here if we start the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masouras (Luke) didn't respond. I'll be starting a PBF for 2 players (ianwright and model359). Masouras should go to top of the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like to be on the list. But as ik playing my second PBF now (003 and now 009) other folks Should get the oppurtunity to play this lovely game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't update the list in the original post, but here it is:

1. Masouras
2. TheAlgebraist (prefer 4 players)
3. Koleman2 (prefer 2 players)
4. HighAnxiety (prefer 4 players)
5. Gorsh (prefer 2 players)

Back-up (for now):
6. Arontje (preference?)
7. Menghini (prefer 4 players for my next PBF )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
List updated.

Question to the community: do you like the idea of this list? Going forward I'd like to set up a wiki like the one used for Battlestar Galactica so the list will become self-sustaining. Right now there only seem to be a handful of players that are really interested but I still think a wait list is the most fair way to get people into games.

Another question: When should someone who is already in a game be allowed to add their name to the list again? Should they wait until their game is finished, or should they be allowed to put their name on the bottom again right away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wiki might be a good idea, this thread can get lost somewhere, right? Or when it's just a small group (like now) we can try and ask to pin this thread?

Your other question: I had the same issue. That's why I put the 'back-up' there. I think it's fair when a player first finishes the game and then participates in a new one.

On the other hand: if there aren't enough players for a certain game, you can call the back-up list...? Kind of like the 'single-rider queues', where you can completely fill a ride?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I opted to put Arontje on the list since the game he's playing in now is of the "experimental" variety. The back up list is an interesting idea and might be good to have if the pool of players remains small.

The other option would be to let players add themselves back to the list when the game reaches a certain point, like say after completing 4 rounds. That would the around the halfway point for most games I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjamatic3000 wrote:

The other option would be to let players add themselves back to the list when the game reaches a certain point, like say after completing 4 rounds. That would the around the halfway point for most games I think.

Maybe that's a good idea for now. For what I've seen, round 4 is the halfway or endpoint. I hope we also get a few more moderators if the pool gets larger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjamatic3000 wrote:
I opted to put Arontje on the list since the game he's playing in now is of the "experimental" variety. The back up list is an interesting idea and might be good to have if the pool of players remains small.

Yes no problem for me. Like I said, I am in a game now and besides that I would like to see other people come first.

Its more so people know I am a PBF person too and once in a while would like to join.

So best thing is to let me be on bottom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
Arontje wrote:
ninjamatic3000 wrote:

Yes no problem for me. Like I said, I am in a game now and besides that I would like to see other people come first.

Its more so people know I am a PBF person too and once in a while would like to join.

So best thing is to let me be on bottom

I finished up my PBF007 game so I'd like to be on said list... preferably next to Aron so I can get that much desired rematch (or maybe be on the same team in a 4P game, could be fun with 2 great tacticians )

And as history shows I don't mind hosting games (next one will begin right after PBF006)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for information:

Luke (Masouras) has contacted me today. He is eager to start his first PBF. So if any of you is starting a new PBF, be sure to ask him first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now some new players are starting their first PBF. See them roll at:

PBF011

The following players are participating:

1. Masouras (Empire)
3. Koleman2 (Empire)
4. HighAnxiety (Rebels)
5. Gorsh (Rebels)

TheV0791 (Steve) is moderating.

TheAlgebraist (number 2 on the list), moves to number 1? I believe Steve tried to contact the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
As this is kind of the central for players and GMs:

I have written a card dealing script based on google docs that allows players to draw tactic cards without the GM having to deal them and it puts them in a google sheet for them to manage. That should allow players to play out battles without need of the GM. The draws are logged in a central sheet that the GM can review and where the GM enters pre-shuffled 'stacks of cards' in form of the numbers 1-15 in a random order.

What you need is a google account and very basic knowledge of how excel/google sheets works.

Current limitations:
- System will only deal the complete deck once. Reshuffle will have to happen manually by the GM.
- Players need to memorize which cards they have already played as there is no discard/play function (yet?). It would be possible for a GM to trust their players and give them editing rights on their own hand. The cards dealt are still logged but the GM would have to check periodically, if the cards logged on his sheet are the same as on the player sheet as the players could - in theory - manually alter the values after they were assigned to them and cheat in that way.

If any GM is interested in giving this a spin just reply to this thread and send me a PM with your google account email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
Oh.. and as my PBF008 is complete, I would be up for another 2P game (any side).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little update:

PBF001: 4-2 player, completed, rebel win
PBF002: 2 player, completed, imperial win
PBF003: 2 player, completed, imperial win
PBF004: 4 player, completed, imperial win
PBF005: 3 player, completed, rebel win
PBF006: 4 player, not completed yet
PBF007: 2 player, completed, imperial win
PBF008: 2 player, completed, rebel win
PBF009: variant 2 player, not completed yet
PBF010: 2 player, not completed yet
PBF011: 4 player, not completed yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the list again. Some time this week when I have a bit of time I'll try to migrate this over to the wiki to take my editing out of the equation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
I'm still a newbie here but one thing I wondered during my game is how players and GMs feel about the disparate time zone differences of the participants. It can interrupt flow but interestingly enough PFB008 went pretty quickly since we were involved almost everyday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
Yeah.. 2.5 weeks is pretty quick.

If the card dealing tool works, I can expand it to also deal other cards to the point that a GM isn't needed if both players keep track of the units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking from my experience with BSG again, many of the games over there were "Europe only," and a few were even "Asia only" to keep everyone close in terms of time zones. Right now there doesn't seem to be a big enough player base in Rebellion PBF to support this but if it is a big enough problem it could be done.

That said, my experience with both games is that the speed of play is much more dependent on the activity level of the participants rather than what time zone they are in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
ninjamatic3000 wrote:
Speaking from my experience with BSG again, many of the games over there were "Europe only," and a few were even "Asia only" to keep everyone close in terms of time zones. Right now there doesn't seem to be a big enough player base in Rebellion PBF to support this but if it is a big enough problem it could be done.

That said, my experience with both games is that the speed of play is much more dependent on the activity level of the participants rather than what time zone they are in.

True. As someone who's in Asia and most often the furthest apart from other players, I don't usually feel the time difference is hindering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
Very good point, we were able to find a good groove that worked with our schedules.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, and after the intensity of a two player game I'd like to play in a four player one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.