Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was over at my buddy's house and he was showing me his Ham radio. It got me thinking:

What are some good games that could be played over radio? (like players in different rooms and/or buildings, communicating by radio)

The only game I've done this for was Boulderdash on a Radio comms course in the army reserve. From what I remember:
-each team had a radio
-each team had a runner to bring their 'answer' to the person in charge for that round
-The person in charge that round would read the card over the radio as well as the answers.

One idea I had would be captain sonar - each team would have a microphone in their little closed off room and a speaker to hear the other team. (insert background submarine noises and/or crackling radio noise here...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always envisioned Two Rooms and a Boom being played along the 38th parallel or over the Berlin Wall or something where you have to radio the other team and then two people walk the long walk across the road, sneer at each other, and make it to the other side in an epic exchange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
There is Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which may not be properly speaking a board game but is very close to what you are thinking of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.