Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Conan melee and ranged questions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hassim Ali
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I thought of a couple more questions that I can't remember reading in the rules and some of the videos are a little bit old now with slight changes they have done

1. For melee attacks if you have 2 weapons do you get to use both weapons dice or do you have to declare what weapon your using and obviously what gems your spending in the melee box? Or is it a special power for some like Valeria for instances?

2. For ranged attacks are your damage and range the same dice roll? Ex. I want to shoot 3 zones away, I put 2 gems in the ranged box plus my ranged weapon dice rolling 3 dice and I get three axes for my result. Is the 3 result the damage I am attacking with as well I have hit the zone by rolling 3 as well?

Thank you for anyone who answers my questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Unless you have the ambidextrous skill, you can only select one melee weapon to attack with.

2: There is a difference between making a ranged attack with a weapon and throwing an object via a complex manipulation. Start with checking the icon on the relevant card, if it has a ranged attack icon, you do not count zones for range, you only use line of sight. If line of sight is okay, you roll for hits imidiately and calculate attack power. If it has the manipulation icon, you count the range and start rolling dice for that. Afterwards you roll for hits and calculate attack power (as an example for the latter: an explosive orb).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stenfisker, by this forum you rule ! Quick and accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci Pallantides !

I'm a big R.E.Howard fan and pretty much all-in on this Conan Kickstarter.
Used to live in Paris many years ago, many great memories, so I love the french connection with this game

Sorry for going a bit off topic here....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you still speak french, you're welcome here :

http://www.robert-e-howard.fr/Pages/Accueil.php?Page=1

Robert E. Howard french site
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I can still read french. Looks like Patrice L. is quite active on the site. I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.