Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Formo
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/634952920/pine-tar-base...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TTLbaseball

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pine-Tar-Baseball-1550587398498070/...

Campaign runs: It is live, having started today and runs until October 24, 2016.

Pine Tar Baseball Number of players: 1-2
Time required: 22-30 minutes
Recommended age: Ages 10 & up

Pine Tar Baseball - 1982/2016 playoffs, is a fun and fast paced dice and card game for 1 or 2 players that brings baseball to life. Ninety percent of plays are resolved in 1 die roll, and no play takes more than 2 rolls

How the Campaign is Set Up: You may select the complete boxed game with both the 1982 full season and the 2016 playoff set, or you can get the complete boxed game with either one of those 2 seasons. In addition, if you already have the boxed game you can choose to only get the player sets, either one or the other, or both of them.

There is also a PDF reward for both player seasons combined or separate.

Background on the 1982 Season:
Milwaukee and Baltimore were tied with only 1 game to be played in the season. This was a make up game between the 2 teams that had been called earlier in the season due to weather. AS a result, the final 3 game series that Baltimore had just swept from Milwaukee ended up becoming a 4 game series. Milwaukee won that game to clinch their 1st Pennant. They would win the ALCS over California to face the Cardinals in what turned out to be a highly contested 7 game series.

Consider joining the Pine Tar Baseball group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634654936777944/

Happy gaming,
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Formo
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Will be Setting up final Ten Teams for 2016 Playoffs soon.

The current season is almost over and soon we will know which teams make the 2016 playoffs. I have rosters set up for the top 10 teams so far. Once the season ends I'll be busy getting an advanced PDF set out to those who have backed 2016. Each of the final 10 teams will have 10 position players and at least 9 pitchers for the advanced release. It should be fun!

btw, the campaign has reached 26% funding. Thanks to all the current backers! Please let your baseball friends know about the campaign.
-James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Keith

Georgia
msg tools
I was thinking you may do better if you had a better image on your front screen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Formo
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Jeremy,
Your probably right and it is great feedback that is helpful. Pine Tar isn't an art driven game at all though. Its stat based with the main target group between ages 40+.

The image below is from Jerry Mora. He made a home made stadium to roll the game dice in. Of course, his stadium isn't included in any of the rewards. It just gives an idea of how the game is used, to reproduce historical games/series, or complete season replays.

I once had a modern player on the cover with a baseball helmet for the 1884 edition and got totally flamed for it on BGG for the art being out of era. The thing is, currently, there are seasons for 1884, 1889, 1897, 1915, 1972 and 2014. With the current campaign being for 1982 and 2016 playoffs. The ones that play my game, rarely even use the game mat, just score sheets.

Its like no matter what art I use, it can't all fit in a span that covers over 135 years. I know BGG is art driven and I only post here to get the 1 or 2 backers from BGG that I get occasionally.

I do need a dedicated video camera that is newer than 8 years old. I know less fuzzy vids would be helpful also. Its pretty much just a hobby for now. I can always improve marketing going forward.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.