$20.00
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
This and Sherwood's Legacy both interest me, but I'm looking for a campaign (NOT Legacy) game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Albions legacy has a lot of expansions and Story quests that can easily be linked togethet into a multigenerational campaign. Each quets feels like a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be fun to compose a "Grand Campaign" out of the published Quests, with a mechanic for knights continuing from one to the next, holding on to some equipment, acquiring new Enemies, meeting "Final Death", etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
It would be fun to compose a "Grand Campaign" out of the published Quests, with a mechanic for knights continuing from one to the next, holding on to some equipment, acquiring new Enemies, meeting "Final Death", etc

...but none of this is a component of the core rules? no equipment carries over from one session to the next, no character development, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a campaign.

You could probably come up with some campaign-style mods for it where any character that died in a scenario stays dead and you carry over equipment/wound/destiny to the next one. There might be some balancing needed, though, because I haven't played it too many times, but it can be difficult to win without carrying over any negatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters don't 'die' - they 'retire'.

You'd need campaign rules to differentiate between a character retiring from a Quest (usually to a tower where a fair maiden nurses them to health and they fall in love but it all ends tragically) and a character outright dying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head: each surviving hero from a SUCCESSFUL Quest can:

- carry over an Item/Armoury/Relic to next Quest; or
- carry over one revealed location tile which they can place in lieu of a drawn tile of the same colour (probably their personal quest tile); or
- carry over a Quest Coin to the next Quest

If a character was present at the start of a Quest and survives to the successful conclusion, they may
- add another Enemy type to their preferred Enemy list

Characters surviving at the end of a Failed Quest gain nothing, but the next Quest (and only the next Quest) begins with one of the Lights extinguished at the start of the game (ie you have one fewer turn to complete the Quest)

Characters who retire during a Quest lose 1 card/tile they were carrying; if they didn't have anything to lose, they just start the next Quest with 1 less Destiny; if they would be starting with 0 Destiny, they are actually dead and can't be used again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I do not believe this system qualifies as a "legacy" system since no components are altered/removed during play. It is scenario/adventure driven and there is nothing stopping anyone from creating campaign system - It might even be terrific!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You could though.... just start the next quest with what you ended with... would be a really interesting idea.

Maybe we'll have to publish a campaign guide on our next Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
yes this is not a legacy game.

This is a the legacy OF Albion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynnvander wrote:

Sorry for the confusing terminology :-) understood that this is not a Legacy (Pandemic-style) game...and thank goodness for that.

It does sound like a fascinating game even if not the campaign game I was really looking for. My wife might also be interested in it. Think I'll pick up a copy soon.

Thanks to all for the info -
B.

EDIT - perhaps a campaign element could be worked into Sherwood's, or a subsequent Legacy series game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminHester wrote:
Lynnvander wrote:

Sorry for the confusing terminology :-) understood that this is not a Legacy (Pandemic-style) game...and thank goodness for that.

It does sound like a fascinating game even if not the campaign game I was really looking for. My wife might also be interested in it. Think I'll pick up a copy soon.

Thanks to all for the info -
B.

EDIT - perhaps a campaign element could be worked into Sherwood's, or a subsequent Legacy series game?

EDIT AGAIN - and if you truly love me, it will be Miyamoto's Legacy, since I'm a fanatic for all things Japan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.