Draconis Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dawn of Hope rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify.

This card reads: chose another player. That player gains +1 card to their hand.

Does this mean that the target player simply chooses any of the available action or defender cards which becomes immediately available to play on their next turn?

I'm inclined to think that this is meant to mean that tye target player draws a card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balázs Cziráki
Hungary
Zalaszentmihály
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this only means that target player draws a card from their deck to their hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply Balázs.

"To gain" a card usually refers to gaining to the deck rather than drawing from the deck. You gain a card because you make your deck bigger.

Can I check where it is that you got the ruling for this card from?

I agree that yhe card should read "draw" instead of gain. So that's why I'd like to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Herrick
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
No, when a card says to "gain" a card like a terror card it means to your discard pile, but action cards that give +1 or more cards mean to draw from your deck.

Edit: just realized ingot distracted by Pedro's last post because it's so totally wrong (at least to me "gain to deck" isn't the same as gaining to the discard), the second poster already had it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Jeffrey Lai
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Isaiah 53:5
badge
I'm not a real person. Just a cartoon character.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great questions, I have clarified "gain" on the FAQ:
http://www.draconisinvasion.com/faq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirDingleberry wrote:
No, when a card says to "gain" a card like a terror card it means to your discard pile, but action cards that give +1 or more cards mean to draw from your deck.

Edit: just realized ingot distracted by Pedro's last post because it's so totally wrong (at least to me "gain to deck" isn't the same as gaining to the discard), the second poster already had it right.

Just to clarify, when I say "deck" this means hand + discard pile + draw deck. So to gain a card usually makes your deck bigger (regardless of where the card is "gained to").

Jeff,

Thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.