Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » General

Subject: Moving THROUGH area with just exploration token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Rivea
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
If I have sufficient move, can I move units through the area with just exploration token into the region on the other side of the map in the same action phase? I know the trog tokens halt you, but that's because they trigger a battle right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremypenguin wrote:
If I have sufficient move, can I move units through the area with just exploration token into the region on the other side of the map in the same action phase? I know the trog tokens halt you, but that's because they trigger a battle right?


Yes, you can move through a region with a facedown exploration token.

If there is a face down Trog token or enemy miniature, you must stop and resolve the battle region steps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremypenguin wrote:
If I have sufficient move, can I move units through the area with just exploration token into the region on the other side of the map in the same action phase? I know the trog tokens halt you, but that's because they trigger a battle right?


You are correct that opponent units, Trog Nest and Trog War Party tokens but not exploration tokens stop movement. It is important to note, however, that in your example you would not resolve the exploration token as they only resolve at the end of your move action.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
Jeremypenguin wrote:
If I have sufficient move, can I move units through the area with just exploration token into the region on the other side of the map in the same action phase? I know the trog tokens halt you, but that's because they trigger a battle right?


You are correct that opponent units, Trog Nest and Trog War Party tokens but not exploration tokens stop movement. It is important to note, however, that in your example you would not resolve the exploration token as they only resolve at the end of your move action.


Correct. You must end there to resolve it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rivea
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Great!

I am pre planning my first two rounds as Machines.

1. Move 1 through explore region, across globe into region adjacent to their HQ and activate battle
Move 2 into that exploration region resolve token.
2. If I have transform I will Build bunker, build Terrain and activate picking an ice terrain (hoping for air support but also want the action cards), build shred drones and activate.
3. Use software upgrade to exchange low build card for high build mountain. Play build to activate and remove remaining trog, use moving city to move bunker into former battle region.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremypenguin wrote:
Great!

I am pre planning my first two rounds as Machines.

1. Move 1 through explore region, across globe into region adjacent to their HQ and activate battle
Move 2 into that exploration region resolve token.
2. If I have transform I will Build bunker, build Terrain and activate picking an ice terrain (hoping for air support but also want the action cards), build shred drones and activate.
3. Use software upgrade to exchange low build card for high build mountain. Play build to activate and remove remaining trog, use moving city to move bunker into former battle region.


1. You cannot move into an opponent's HQ

EDIT: I saw you say "move adjacent to." Sorry. That's been another thread this week so it was on my mind. Adjacent is fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.