Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anyone who has played this let me know how long the games took?
Look interesting but I ave no idea if this is a 60 minute game or a 4 hour game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psycho Wolf
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
mb
That does rather depend on your group, of course.

A few day ago I've played with a complete new group, so with explaining it took us 4 hrs. But I've to say that we've been six people (it was getting a little crowded...) and we have rushed through the Voyage Phase, since it was getting too late for some of them. Therefore no big Sea Event...
With an experienced group of four I'd guess about 1 1/2 up to 2 1/2 for the adventure phase and 1/2 - 1 hrs for the Voyage Phase.

Hope that helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoWolf wrote:
That does rather depend on your group, of course.

A few day ago I've played with a complete new group, so with explaining it took us 4 hrs. But I've to say that we've been six people (it was getting a little crowded...) and we have rushed through the Voyage Phase, since it was getting too late for some of them. Therefore no big Sea Event...
With an experienced group of four I'd guess about 1 1/2 up to 2 1/2 for the adventure phase and 1/2 - 1 hrs for the Voyage Phase.

Hope that helps...

Yes, that estimate sounds about right. Our first few two player games (with allies) took around 2 hours each. This was just for one Adventure Phase. The Voyage Phase takes less time but is just as exciting.

It's not the kind of game you would want to squash into 60 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Lorenzo
Spain
Los Santos de la Humosa
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the main campaign with 2 players, and no mission (voyage + adventura + voyage) took less than 2 and a half hours.

In some missions we had to leave the last voyage for the next session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As above - the first time is the hardest, introducing the rules/game to a group of people.

We normally have enough time for an adventure and voyage or a port and voyage phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.