Subject: Combat Tie rewards ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
Notice: I haven't played the game yet(should arrive Thursday), but I did read over the most recent rules posted on BGG. (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/118731/champions-midgard-...)

I just had a quick question I couldn't find an answer to via rulebook or by searching the forums.

Since damage is done simultaneously, what happens in Combat if you deal lethal damage to the creature, and the creature kills all of your warriors.

- Do you get the reward even though there's no warriors to return home?
- Do you get no reward (since thematically there's nobody alive to bring home the spoils?) but the card is discarded so there's no ill effect? ( like the Troll for example)

Outside of that, found the rulebook pretty simple and straight forward ( I read some posts that earlier versions of the rulebook were pretty rough reading). Looking forward to giving the game a play this Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Champions of Midgard: English rule book pg.8 wrote:
If the enemy has received lethal damage: take the enemy card and collect the reward indicated.

Viking warriors do not need to survive combat in order to collect the reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I just wasn't sure if it was covered somewhere else, and I just happened to overlook it in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Champions of Midgard: English rule book pg.8 wrote:
If the enemy has received lethal damage: take the enemy card and collect the reward indicated.

Viking warriors do not need to survive combat in order to collect the reward.

Correct.

Also you have the worker that sailed the ship over, he is still there.
Just cause the warriors aren't and the food is all gone, instead he can bring back the head of the fearful Lyndworm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.