Subject: Just arrived rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this in the mail today! US backers should get them this week.

The components look great. The only strange thing was the game box not being shrink wrapped. The minis are pretty darn good quality (equal to better than the Myth minis). A few will need some hot/cold water treatment due to the flexible nature of the medium (and the loose bag packing method).

I hope to get a game in this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played a game this week. I enjoyed what I played, but I got the retail copy with just the tokens. I regret not backing now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine recently too. All my dredge look like they are doing the smooth criminal lean, and the varl weapons are bent nearly 90 degrees

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took mine over a gas stove, very lightly (high above the heat), just enough to make the plastic pliable. Seems to have worked nicely.

Did anyone try it with hot water...does that work better?

tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
Windmilling wrote:
I took mine over a gas stove, very lightly (high above the heat), just enough to make the plastic pliable. Seems to have worked nicely.

Did anyone try it with hot water...does that work better?

tim

Yikes, yeah do the hot water. Worked great with Myth minis.

Matt, I think you commented in the KS comments about trying to bend them. It should be really easy to soften them up in hot water and get them in the position you like. I like to hold them in position in then dip them in ice water to know they'll hold in the new position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have hot watered many minis (Myth ones) with good success. WHile I expected some bend issues, mainly I am curious about how he game plays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today, some "severe" bending... immersed in super hot water and they unbent themselves to about the original mold result(relatively straight) and then dunked in ice water. Done!

The miniatures are well done. very little mold lines to clean very few glue gaps to fill.

As for the materials, VERY nice. 500 times better than recon. That being said my punch boards were off center punched. For most of the tokens this is not a big deal(especially once the minis in wave 2 arrived to replace them, but my items just look poor. the worst offender is the season circle all the pretty design is 1.5 mm off looks terrible..... THat said the chits are nice. very surprised the game was not shrinked and very happy it survived shipping.

Looking forward to some time for game playing and painting. HAppy to hear the MERCS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How was your package shipped? I've not seen any indication my copy is on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.