Hide
8 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Focused Condition-activation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pas Man
msg tools
A question came up with Focused Condition during my experience with the 1st scenario.

While in, for example, Dazed Condition it's clarified word by word that the card should be discarded 'at the end of your turn', which means that you should play it immediately after obtaining it, this is not clarified in Focused condition.

So, should you use Focused condition immediately as you obtain it, or you can keep it, for example, 3 rounds later to use it?

And if you use this card once, do you have to discard it? Maybe it's silly to ask that, but it's not clarified either on the card's text, while in other 'conditions' cards the word 'discarded' exists.

Thanks in advance for your time and response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text of Focused:

"You may discard this card to convert all Investigation Results to Success Results while resolving a test."

So it does say that you must discard it to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas Man
msg tools
Yes but can you use the Focused card immediately, just after you obtain it or you can keep and use it later, in following rounds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paspictures wrote:
Yes but can you use the Focused card immediately, just after you obtain it or you can keep and use it later, in following rounds?

Because the card does not tell you to get rid of it at the end of the turn you can keep it for as many rounds as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would never actually use it immediately, as you can't even gain it during a test, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paspictures wrote:

How can you use immediately if you aren't in the middle of a test? The card text explains all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas Man
msg tools
With 'immediately' i meant during the turn you obtain it. And my question came up by comparing the text on Focused card with the equivalent on the other condition cards.
For instance, in Restrained or Dazed cards its written clearly that "at the end of your turn,discard this card". So, you obtain Restrained or Dazed cards and their effects apply for that round and that round only. Are you able to keep the Focused card and use it for example 2 rounds after you got it? That's what bothers me.

Thanks Baker Odom & Jorgen Peddersen for the reply, i think you are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct. It doesn't have the discard at the end of round text because you don't discard it at the end of the round. You only discard it when used. Similarly, the Insane and Wounded conditions remain with you for the rest of the game as they do not list a way to discard them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.