Andrew Pi Radius³
United States
Lombard
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all!

On a whim, I picked up a copy of this game and have been going through the rules a few times that I have questions/assumptions before trying it out.

A) Per Game Turn Summary #4:
- To begin construction of a new ride, player must use a minimum of two different parts of the same ride from hand (one of these cards may be a Wild). NOTE: Players may add to a ride with less than two parts from their hand if there is already a single part in that player's Midway. This may occur from cards be stolen from existing sets or being placed into the Midway as a result of Dice Roll Actions.

A1) I assume placing two different parts to begin construction of a new ride creates an "Established, Incomplete Ride"?

A2) Noting the underlined "ride" and "Midway" in Rule#4... must EVERY ride construction (a) begin with two cards from your hand and (b) NOT begin via a Midway Trade/Steal? (e.g. on a previous turn, I have Lights+Materials for the bumper cars and nothing for ferris wheel, I roll a 5; am I allowed to exchange my bumper car Lights for another player's ferris wheel Seats?)

B) In game notes and clarifications:
- Once a card has been played onto a Midway, it can never be placed back into any player's hand; it must always remain on a Midway.
- No player may look through the discard pile at any time.

B1) To clarify, Wilds from the Midway still can be discarded along with hand cards to draw from the deck (per GTS#3a), correct?

B2) As drawing from the discard pile occurs on occasion... when a player discards cards, (a) does the player choose the order of the discarded cards (e.g. discarding 5 cards including one wild, having the wild card on top or buried in the bottom of those five cards, or somewhere in-between) and (b) must that player discarding the cards show the cards s/he is discarding?

C) In Using Tickets:
- On another player's turn, a player may discard one (and only one) ticket to: Block another player's Dice Roll Action immediately before that particular Action is taken, even if that Action does not directly involve the player discarding the Ticket.

C1) How does the underlined apply? (Unless I refer it in a future question...)

C2) Say Player A rolls 5-5-5. He uses the first 5 and targets Player C to trade Midway cards. Player C has all three tickets, and uses one of them. Does that mean (a) Player A's first 5 is nullified (can't be used on another player)and (b) Player C's ticket is used and blocks only Player A's first 5 action?

C3) Continuing on, say Player A targets Player C again for his second 5. Can Player C block that second 5 with another one of his tickets. May Player C eventually use all his tickets this way?

Thanks for the time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
AbaO wrote:
Hello to all!

On a whim, I picked up a copy of this game and have been going through the rules a few times that I have questions/assumptions before trying it out.

Thanks for checking it out!

Quote:
A) Per Game Turn Summary #4:
- To begin construction of a new ride, player must use a minimum of two different parts of the same ride from hand (one of these cards may be a Wild). NOTE: Players may add to a ride with less than two parts from their hand if there is already a single part in that player's Midway. This may occur from cards be stolen from existing sets or being placed into the Midway as a result of Dice Roll Actions.

A1) I assume placing two different parts to begin construction of a new ride creates an "Established, Incomplete Ride"?

Yes.

Quote:
A2) Noting the underlined "ride" and "Midway" in Rule#4... must EVERY ride construction (a) begin with two cards from your hand and (b) NOT begin via a Midway Trade/Steal? (e.g. on a previous turn, I have Lights+Materials for the bumper cars and nothing for ferris wheel, I roll a 5; am I allowed to exchange my bumper car Lights for another player's ferris wheel Seats?)

You are allowed to steal parts to a ride that has not already been started in your Midway; this is what is referred to in the NOTE for Turn Summary #4. So, in your example, you would be allowed to steal the Ferris Wheel Seats to add to your Midway. This ride would now constitute an established, incomplete Ride, and you could add to it with additional cards from here on out.

Quote:
B) In game notes and clarifications:
- Once a card has been played onto a Midway, it can never be placed back into any player's hand; it must always remain on a Midway.
- No player may look through the discard pile at any time.

B1) To clarify, Wilds from the Midway still can be discarded along with hand cards to draw from the deck (per GTS#3a), correct?

Absolutely. The clarification was meant to clarify Ride parts and not necessarily Wilds.

Quote:
B2) As drawing from the discard pile occurs on occasion... when a player discards cards, (a) does the player choose the order of the discarded cards (e.g. discarding 5 cards including one wild, having the wild card on top or buried in the bottom of those five cards, or somewhere in-between) and (b) must that player discarding the cards show the cards s/he is discarding?

A) Yes, the player may choose the order of the discarded cards.

B) Officially, the player is not required to divulge any cards discarded, only the number of cards discarded; the other player(s) will only know which card is placed on top of the discard pile. Some groups play a little more loose with this and announce cards - feel free to house rule the same for your group, if you like.

Quote:
C) In Using Tickets:
- On another player's turn, a player may discard one (and only one) ticket to: Block another player's Dice Roll Action immediately before that particular Action is taken, even if that Action does not directly involve the player discarding the Ticket.

C1) How does the underlined apply? (Unless I refer it in a future question...)[q]

In 3- and 4-player games, players may use Tickets to block actions used against other players during that turn.

[q]C2) Say Player A rolls 5-5-5. He uses the first 5 and targets Player C to trade Midway cards. Player C has all three tickets, and uses one of them. Does that mean (a) Player A's first 5 is nullified (can't be used on another player)and (b) Player C's ticket is used and blocks only Player A's first 5 action?

A) Yes, the first 5 action is nullified.

B) Yes, Player C has used one Ticket during that turn and may not use another Ticket. This is how players can double up on actions and still get the desired result.

Quote:
C3) Continuing on, say Player A targets Player C again for his second 5. Can Player C block that second 5 with another one of his tickets. May Player C eventually use all his tickets this way?

No. See the clarification in B above.

Quote:
Thanks for the time!

Thanks for the questions. Enjoy your ride!
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pi Radius³
United States
Lombard
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the time to answer the questions!

I do have one more small question+assumption that crossed my mind.

D) In Step #4, you can start building a new ride with two part cards, one of those can be a Wild. Under Game Notes, Wild Cards can be reassigned to other established, incomplete rides during Step #4.

D1) Can both be done on the same turn? e.g. at the start of Step #4, I established the bumper car ride with one Seats and one Wild card. I then move the Wild card I just used to establish the bumper car ride to the carousel ride (established on a previous turn).

D2) I assume a max limit of four cards per ride at any time? e.g. (a) I can't have a Banners, Lights, Seats and two Wild cards on my Rollercoaster ride. (b) I also can't put a Wild card on a previously completed natural set.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AbaO wrote:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the time to answer the questions!

I do have one more small question+assumption that crossed my mind.

D) In Step #4, you can start building a new ride with two part cards, one of those can be a Wild. Under Game Notes, Wild Cards can be reassigned to other established, incomplete rides during Step #4.

D1) Can both be done on the same turn? e.g. at the start of Step #4, I established the bumper car ride with one Seats and one Wild card. I then move the Wild card I just used to establish the bumper car ride to the carousel ride (established on a previous turn).

Yes. As long as the ride was established on another turn (the Carousel in our example), you can move Wild cards freely.

Quote:
D2) I assume a max limit of four cards per ride at any time? e.g. (a) I can't have a Banners, Lights, Seats and two Wild cards on my Rollercoaster ride. (b) I also can't put a Wild card on a previously completed natural set.

Thanks again!

Yes, the max limit for any ride is four cards, so you can't place extra Wild cards on that ride if it already has four "parts".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pi Radius³
United States
Lombard
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the answers! Looking forward to playing the game now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AbaO wrote:
Thanks again for the answers! Looking forward to playing the game now.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.