Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron White
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording to me implies yes, spiritually it feels wrong. Our last game hinged on this, we ruled to allow it. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wyrmwood47 wrote:
The wording to me implies yes, spiritually it feels wrong. Our last game hinged on this, we ruled to allow it. Thoughts?

I'm assuming you used the Javelin and Axe for a +2 then discarded the cube on Mighty Axe for a second damage? I don't see anything that would prevent it so it seems fair to me.

Add in the elvish sword and you've got a party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is weird but yes they can be combined. Think of the encounters more as several minutes of stalking and then a pitched battle more than just one moment of combat. All of the activated treasures represent an advantage during that pitched battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think about it, you can deal with a goblin ambush, attack a dragon, and open a treasure chest all in one encounter. So it can take some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically I can imagine that But both cards explicitly make note they cannot be combined with the bomb. So when the Javelin allows you to attack the dragon underground, it seems like "cheating" that it would allow the mighty axe to connect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.