Hide
3 Posts

Regnum Angelica» Forums » General

Subject: Blind attack w pillar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Patterson
msg tools
If I attack blindly and lose, but I have a pillar, do I still lose that Angel? Or does that pillar still count as a shield and keep that Angel alive?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question Lucas and I believe this is one of the instances that we never covered in the rulebook. A pillar is considered by the rules as a "defense augmentation" therefore it is only taken into consideration when you are on the defense. If you attack and lose then your angel is destroyed. This could also arise in a situation where you attack an angel and your opponent plays a Shift script to make the battle favorable for the defender.

When you are the aggressor you always resolve battles (for both offense and defense) using your directional element. When you are the defender you always use your pillar first in all directions until the pillar has been defeated.

Basically, pillars are activated when the opposing side is in motion and turned off when it is your turn to move. Hope that helps to clarify and thanks for bringing that question up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Patterson
msg tools
THANKS! I appreciate it. secondary question...

For the 2 Angels that state "Power will not deplete if active when scoring"...does power still deplete if you score with THOSE two angels? or did they count as active in that movement?

Attempted a small tournament recently, some new things popped up, so I'm tying loose ends.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.