Subject: Boost cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Smith
United States
Leominster
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hi we recently played our first games of Steampunk Rally and loved it. We did have a question though. One player played a boost card that gave him a die and allowed him to place a cog on the track as a permanent 2 damage marker on that track space. Another player who would have had to move through that space if he moved played another boost card that says ignore the effects of a played boost card until end of round. Does that include the 2 damage marker he would move into if he moved later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed!

That is a boost effect and if he crosses that space before the turn is up, he may ignore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Iswearihaveajob is correct - that card will protect you from the Greek Fire.

Note however that it only protects you from ONE boost card. So if you had already used to to protect yourself from say, Particle Beam, or Electromagnet, it would offer no extra defense.

*EDIT* Orin has corrected me below, and his correction is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:
Iswearihaveajob is correct - that card will protect you from the Greek Fire.

Note however that it only protects you from ONE boost card. So if you had already used to to protect yourself from say, Particle Beam, or Electromagnet, it would offer no extra defense.

Actually the Faraday Cage allows you to ignore multiple opponents' boost cards the round you play it: "if you played this card immediately after an opponent played a boost card, you may ignore it. Also, ignore any further Boost cards you choose for the rest of the round."

So yes you can ignore the extra track damage from Greek Fire by playing Faraday Cage before or in response to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...dangit, he's right. I actually just dug the card out to double check it myself.

I need a card that protects me from rules errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.