United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to learn this game and eventually play it competently online. I don't have anyone nearby to play this with me and I really enjoy online board game play as it is.

I see that the game is available on both BGA and Yucata. Which platform should I pursue? Any tips on researching to learn this game most effectively?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Freeman
Canada
Vancouver
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
I would really like to learn this game and eventually play it competently online. I don't have anyone nearby to play this with me and I really enjoy online board game play as it is.

I see that the game is available on both BGA and Yucata. Which platform should I pursue? Any tips on researching to learn this game most effectively?

I prefer the interface of bga but from what I remember there's no undo button so that might be a dealbreaker for some people. They're both good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely prefer the interface at BGA. It's much cleaner and closer to the look of the board version, and so you are less likely to be distracted by the interface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Smith
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After about 40-50 games on BGA over the last year or so, I'm considering switching over to Yucata entirely. If you are learning the game Yucata is the way to go. You have to do things like manually move your Proxenos from region to region, which will help you understand the movement rules. (For example it makes it more clear why you can't move directly from Sparta to Syrakousai due to the lack of a Spartan port.) It makes you manually click to spend Prestige and material goods. And of course there are the all-important Undo and Reset Move buttons which are life-savers even for me once in a while with 50+ games under my belt between the table, BGA, and Yucata. It's true the BGA interface is more aesthetically appealing but that shouldn't trump all else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.