$5.00
$15.00
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is new to 1.1.0

Probably not a game-breaker, per se, but if you save and restore the game, only the first turn's messages are available in the message log. New turns messages then get appended to the "wrong" turns.

After restore, you can only see turn 1's messages in the log. If you continue on and complete another turn, the messages for the current turn (whichever turn that may be) get tacked onto the end of the messages for turn 2. At that point, you can see the messages generated in the previous turn 2, followed by the new messages for the new turn.

It's reasonable to presume that your second turn's messages (after the game restore) will end up on the end of turn 3's messages -- which you'll be able to see as you complete another turn.

steps to reproduce:

1) Start a new game with a couple investigators, on Cycle of Eternity
2) Move forward investigator phase to mythos phase through about 3 turns (click through messages, tell the app the monster can't reach investigators, etc.)
3) Move to the the Message Log and see that all messages are properly displayed
4) Save and Quit
5) Restore
6) Display the Message Log, see that only turn 1 is accessible
7) "Play" through two more phases to represent another turn
8) Display the Message Log, notice the condition (you'll see messages from turn 2, investigator phase in green, mythos phase in red, followed by the new turn's messages, green and then red).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my bug is a game breaker as the game constantly crashes after I finish the investigator phase on my first saved post update turn....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JP Falcon wrote:
Well my bug is a game breaker as the game constantly crashes after I finish the investigator phase on my first saved post update turn....

I'm having the same problem. I just put up a post about that one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JP Falcon wrote:

Is this a game that you saved pre-update then loaded after the update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steftymo wrote:
JP Falcon wrote:

K
Is this a game that you saved pre-update then loaded after the update?

Yes....it is a pre update save....many updates for games do not break saves and those that do usually will indicate that saves are incompatable...I'm just going to start over, the hell with it.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.1.1 released, was Re: New Bug in 1.1.0 - Message Log has issues after save game restore
WHOA. Now that's service, FFG.

Wish I'd worked in the gender problem with the message log (again) on this thread, just to make sure it's a known issue. :-)

1.1.1 - Released
SEPTEMBER 22 - FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES
- Fixed crash when saving a game created with an earlier version.
- Fixed issue causing the Message Log to restore incorrectly.
- Minor scenario bug fixes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.