Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Becker
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wondering if 2 base sets are needed in order to enjoy fully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibitehrd wrote:
Just wondering if 2 base sets are needed in order to enjoy fully.

Not necessary at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need, no benefit, no reason to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect a parody of the multiple "do I need two base sets" posts on other of FFG's LCG pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is it FFG has conditioned the entire community to assume every card game they release requires multiple purchases of base sets. We've all been brainwashed surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.. it's neither an LCG, nor a CCG.. nor I suppose is it even alive anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
No.. it's neither an LCG, nor a CCG.. nor I suppose is it even alive anymore.

We will keep it alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
How is it FFG has conditioned the entire community to assume every card game they release requires multiple purchases of base sets. We've all been brainwashed surprise
That's probably why they've quit with GW, selling just 1 base game per customer is just not that profitable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only think of one situation where a second copy would be of any benefit whatsoever.

You plan to print custom cards to extend the game's longevity. If you sleeve your cards, you'll have plenty of duplicate monsters, locations, items, etc. that you can use to make new custom cards. Just print the custom card fronts, cut them slightly smaller than the original card size, and then slip them in the appropriate duplicate card sleeves covering the original card face. This way, your custom card backs will be identical to the base game card backs.

Aside from this highly situational use for duplicate cards, I can't think of any benefit at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aske Ravn Jakobsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
I can only think of one situation where a second copy would be of any benefit whatsoever.

You plan to print custom cards to extend the game's longevity. If you sleeve your cards, you'll have plenty of duplicate monsters, locations, items, etc. that you can use to make new custom cards. Just print the custom card fronts, cut them slightly smaller than the original card size, and then slip them in the appropriate duplicate card sleeves covering the original card face. This way, your custom card backs will be identical to the base game card backs.

Aside from this highly situational use for duplicate cards, I can't think of any benefit at all.

I am using Nontransparent black-back sleeves for this, to allow the usage of magic cards for this purpose. This seems to be cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.