Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Shogun Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone in Canada get a shipping notice or receive their reward yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claude Tucker
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
I'm a Canadian backer of the Shogun Big Box (and the Alhambra Big Box) and was curious if anyone has received a notice (or better yet) their reward from this Kickstarter yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Claude! I see that you're in the Metro Vancouver area too. I backed the Shogun Big Box, and I already got my copy. I usually ship my stuff to Point 2 Point in Point Roberts. It's a mail service place, and they charge less than 5$ per package. I'm sharing this with you as it might be helpful next time you back a Kickstarter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Tucker
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Hi Marwan, Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
Cult of the Ultra-New
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Toronto and nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy D
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got my shipment today nothing is missing or misprinted AFAIK. Did my component count tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calgary - just got mine. I'm mid component count and am missing one score marker so far and the tower column is in rough shape.

Looks like I'll need to be thorough looking it over. Though I have to say this has been my only disappointing experience with queen and I've bought a fair number of their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Tucker
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
I received my copy on Friday. I had an extra green army meeple and an extra purple army meeple but was missing a red army meeple and a blue army meeple. I also ordered Alhambra Big Box and it was missing all the cubes from the #5 expansion. Based on the kickstarter comments from Queen Games during the campaign, I was also missing the extra 6 wooden lion fountains that they said would be included.

I have send Queen Games an email.

I very happy with the quality of the games, but I too was disappointed with the communication from Queen Games. They could have provided more updates regarding shipping and let everyone know the expected timing for the shipping. I believe it was 6 weeks from when they said shipping was complete before any started to arrive here in Canada. If they said they were shipping from Germany to a distributor in Canada who would forward on the games, then I'm sure people would have been much more accepting of the delivery timeframe. They just needed to set expectations.

I'm sure not saying anything caused them to have to deal with tons more email and a ton of negative comments then they likely didn't deserve (in hindsight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.