BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Log online plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thiago Cordeiro
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Do you log online matches here on BGG? Like boardgamearena.com, wargameroom.com, Vassal or mobile apps?
And if the opponentes are AIs? Do you still log?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Mendel
United States
westminster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Only physical plays against in room opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I log online plays but only against human opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do whatever you like. I've only played a few online and a few more against AI. I meant to log the ones against human opponents but I think I forgot. Some people put the the site/software they used in the location field to make it easier to see which plays were online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
I log face-to-face plays. The only online plays I log are Imperial Assault play by forum campaign missions that take a month or two to complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I log everything. Vs human or AI, face-to-face or online. I'm trying to track how much play each game is getting. By limiting it to just face-to-face encounters, what I am tracking is not how much I like a game, but how many friends I have that game or how many opportunities I have to game (which, unfortunately, is below what I would like for both). It just doesn't give me an accurate read on what I am attempting to track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I log computer plays since it's very similar to soloing through a game with an automated opponent. The only game I do in practice, though, is Acquire, which I play on the PC. I also note when it's played on the computer since I also own it in cardboard and would love to play it more.

I have played 2-3 games on BoardGameArena, but lost interest in that pretty quickly. It's really the people in the gaming experience that I love, not the gaming experience in isolation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Real people, real cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I log my PBEM Vassal plays of wargames as a single play. Those typically take months to resolve.

I don't log online plays against AIs.

It's really up to what you want to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't log app plays (after playing in the StarRealms online tournament for a few seasons that would make a whack of mostly lost plays)

So physical games solo or in a group. However I would likely log online plays on something like tabletopia(?) if i ever get around to setting it up. I'd probly log PBEM as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play online against an actual opponent, I'll log it. When I play solo with actual cardboard, I'll log it. When I play solo on the computer, I don't. So what it boils down to for me is if I'm making an effort to play the game. A three-minute game of Star Realms against the app's A.I. doesn't 'count', but when I set up and play Age of Steam alone for an hour, it sure does

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.