Subject: German Reinforcements/Yildirim Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
1. I notice on the CP Action Round Chart that there is a GE Reinforcement box. Are there any GE Reinforcement cards? The only possibility seems to be Yildermin but it doesn't say reinforcement on the card.

2A. Regarding Yildirim. If 1 Yildirim unit is stacked in a Mountain space with a TU LCU, would a successful entrenching roll be a 1 or 1-3?

2B. How about 1 Yildirim unit is stacked in a Mountain space with 2 TU SCUs. Would the entrenching roll needed be a 1 or 1-3?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
NihonFan wrote:
1. I notice on the CP Action Round Chart that there is a GE Reinforcement box. Are there any GE Reinforcement cards? The only possibility seems to be Yildermin but it doesn't say reinforcement on the card.

There are no GE Reinforcement cards. But since the space is provided on the map, you could make variant events.

NihonFan wrote:
2A. Regarding Yildirim. If 1 Yildirim unit is stacked in a Mountain space with a TU LCU, would a successful entrenching roll be a 1 or 1-3?

1-2. Yildirim are regular combat units. 1-3, see post below.

NihonFan wrote:
2B. How about 1 Yildirim unit is stacked in a Mountain space with 2 TU SCUs. Would the entrenching roll needed be a 1 or 1-3?

1-3.

And 1 Yildirim unit stacked with 3 TU SCUs would still only be 1-3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I don't understand your first Yildirim answer.

turbothy wrote:
1-2. Yildirim are regular combat units.

Normally in a clear space a TU Large Combat Unit entrenches on a 1-3. I can understand an answer of 1 as it means only the Yildirim is entrenching and I can understand 1-3 as it means the TU LCU is entrenching. How do you get 1-2?

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
NihonFan wrote:
How do you get 1-2?

By misreading LCU as SCU. The correct answer is 1-3, sorry.

11.3.1 is somewhat clumsily written. There are two different things to consider when trying to build a trench:

Q1) Is it at all allowed in this space?

A1) You can always entrench in Clear terrain. You can never entrench in Desert terrain. You may entrench in Mountain and Swamp terrain if and only if there is a unit of nationality BR, IN, ANZ, GE, or AH present and digging. (And remember, no trenches in Regions.)

Q2) Okay, I've checked Q1 and it's allowed. What are my chances of success?

A2) If there is an LCU present, the trench is built on 1-3. If there is no LCU, count the number of regular combat SCUs in the space. You must roll equal to or less than this number, except a roll of 4+ is always a failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they can overstack I have never seen a Yildirim unit stacked alone. I suppose it could happen mainly after a battle. That being the case if they aren't combat units (SCUs) they would be unable to construct trenches on their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A3RKev wrote:
That being the case if they aren't combat units (SCUs) they would be unable to construct trenches on their own.

Yildirim units have a "NATO-style indicator box" and are therefore regular combat units. They can entrench by themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.