Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I know movement in this game is 1,2,3...1,2,3...very self explanatory when you're just using a few units of the same type.

But if, say, I'm using 3 tanks, 3 interceptors and 3 sidecars..how does it work?

Do I move any of my #1's, and then any of my #2's....or must I go 1-3 of a certain unit type?

Also, has anyone played with a variant where you can move any of your units in any order, and once its been moved you can place a token on it or "tap" it to let you know it can't move again until the next turn?

And would this "next turn" start when ALL units have moved, or just the other numbers within the same unit type?

----------------

For mines, I know they detonate at the beginning of the mine cars next turn. What if a friendly or enemy ground unit drives over an undetonated mine? Does it go off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:
I know movement in this game is 1,2,3...1,2,3...very self explanatory when you're just using a few units of the same type.

But if, say, I'm using 3 tanks, 3 interceptors and 3 sidecars..how does it work?

Do I move any of my #1's, and then any of my #2's....or must I go 1-3 of a certain unit type?

As you can see on page 2 of the Interceptor rules:

"Place your cards in a row in front of you. You can choose the order, mixing tanks and interceptors (for example: tank 1, tank 2, interceptor 1, tank 3, interceptor 2, interceptor 3)."

This works for all units (even the new units numbered up to 6). You can even mix colours (if you play with all 4, 2 vs 2).

[/q]Also, has anyone played with a variant where you can move any of your units in any order, and once its been moved you can place a token on it or "tap" it to let you know it can't move again until the next turn?[/q]

I'm releasing a set of multi-purpose tokens soon that can be used for this.

Quote:
For mines, I know they detonate at the beginning of the mine cars next turn. What if a friendly or enemy ground unit drives over an undetonated mine? Does it go off?

Nope. But you can play this way as a variant. Good idea.

Note: air units (interceptor) won't detonate mines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.