6 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: Wraiths rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
I have a lot of wraith models sitting around so I thought I could add them to my Zombicide game.

Was thinking they work just like a Zombie but can only be damaged by Magic attacks and are at the bottom of the targeting preferences.

Do you think this could work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not a chance. The best thing you could do with wraith models is to get rid of them. In fact, I'll do you a favour - you could send them to me!whistle

Or seriously, I think bottom of the targeting pile and magic only is pretty nasty. Give it a try in your games and let us know how hard it makes things.

(Magic attacks would include the 10 magic items in Wolfsburg I imagine).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not try a unique mechanic, like I did with my razorwing batz (search: razorwing)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
before wolfz and crowz; and made them range?

... but throwing an idea (dunno if you wanna keep it simple.. but..)

Wraith
Priority: after walkers
ACtivation: one
Damage to hit: 1+
HP: 1-x; x=?4

When they activate they absorb life from one survivor within range 2 on LoS.

As they absorb they increase their HP to a max of X.

To keep track of the HP.. just divide the mini in 4 equal groups; and place small circle sticker on their base.
white = 1HP
green = 2 HP
yellow = 3HP
red = 4HP

... (inspired by wraith of DnD boardgame )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I have a lot of wraith models sitting around so I thought I could add them to my Zombicide game.

Was thinking they work just like a Zombie but can only be damaged by Magic attacks and are at the bottom of the targeting preferences.

Do you think this could work?

There are already some great ideas above, so I don't know that I am adding much to the discussion here but,

I agree that, being incorporeal, wraiths might be susceptible only to magic attacks and weapons, is a solid (and lore friendly) way to go.

I also think that their non-physical nature might give them an ability similar to crows in that they can go through walls, doors, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the ideas.

@Peter Ha no way.

Being able to move through walls would make sense but unlike the crows be a lot slower. Soul stealing is cool

The targeting is difficult because if they are high then ranged weapons become useless if a wraith is in the group which doesn't make sense as the arrow would go through the wraith and kill the zombie behind it.

If they are at the bottom though then the wraiths become very hard to take down before they reach combat.

Maybe i could make it that ranged attacks skip wraiths on the targeting priority.

My wraiths and banshee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.