GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,766 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fortress but no military rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that a fortress negates one damage and adds 5 to a battle roll total. However, what if there are no military units in the province to provide a battle die to roll? Does the attack value remain at 0 or is the battle total always increased to 5 if a fortress but no military are present? And if no military is present, is the fortress benefit of negating one damage still in effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
As I undertand it and how we've been playing it, yes. You can use a fortress even if no other military is present. The way we play it the fortress has a guaranteed hit and it negates 1 hit, meaning you have to send at least 2 legions if you want to have a chance to destroy the fortress. Otherwise it's bye bye single legion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Paul
Germany
Offenburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question I had is:
If a figth is not over and the Land is still "in War" can I attack, when I only have a fortress left? Or is it only for defending purposes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphir wrote:
Another question I had is:
If a figth is not over and the Land is still "in War" can I attack, when I only have a fortress left? Or is it only for defending purposes?

Pretty sure it's for defending only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually on your turn your lone fortresses will attack enemies in the region. The example at the top of pg7 shows this, and it is confirmed in the FAQ #19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Paul
Germany
Offenburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
Actually on your turn your lone fortresses will attack enemies in the region. The example at the top of pg7 shows this, and it is confirmed in the FAQ #19.

Thank you very much! gotta read the FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:

Thanks so much for the help! Really appreciated! (^_^)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.