Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Investigator cards included in the two new expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iziak Marsh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't see em on any pics or listed in a product description anywhere. Surely they must be included to use the new mini's etc.

Cheers for any info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
They are included in the 2e base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iziak Marsh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

They must be in the conversion kit then. I didn't open mine, just threw it in a drawer somewhere, seeing as I haven't got the 1st edition to convert. Best dig it out, eh! At least I HOPE that was a drawer and not a waste bin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Deep One wrote:
They must be in the conversion kit then.

They are.

FFG could either put the investigator cards & monster chits in the boxes and also produce them separately for owners of the 1e sets, or just place them all in the base 2e game (which is needed whichever way you include 1e elements).

Obviously putting them all in the 2e core was simpler (and so probably cheaper).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
Old Deep One wrote:

They are.

FFG could either put the investigator cards & monster chits in the boxes and also produce them separately for owners of the 1e sets, or just place them all in the base 2e game (which is needed whichever way you include 1e elements).

Obviously putting them all in the 2e core was simpler (and so probably cheaper).

If I would be as judgemental as you claim to be I would have said it was a mistake not to make that perfectly clear, even crystal clear, in the leaflet that accompanied 2E core. It may seem stupid, but I wonder how many buyers already threw away the conversion kit, thinking they had no need for it. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:
I would have said it was a mistake not to make that perfectly clear, even crystal clear, in the leaflet that accompanied 2E core. It may seem stupid, but I wonder how many buyers already threw away the conversion kit, thinking they had no need for it. whistle

That's a really good point. I have MoM1e so I have the conversion kit, BUT anyone who just picked up MoM2e without any previous games might believe they don't need any 1e conversion kit - especially if they're not sure about getting any expansions. I can see people chucking that little bundle out.

I'll be surprised of the 2e expansions require the conversion kit to play and don't have the cards/chits in the expansion box too. BUT if I'm wrong, I can see FFG's customer service sending out kits to those that threw those out not knowing they might be needed in the future. We should know soon as I saw posts yesterday from folks saying their expansions were due to arrive today.

EDIT: Looks like FFG did NOT include the investigator cards in the expansion boxes. See this.

PSA Save those Conversion Kits!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I never thought of it being an issue but I see the point. I kept the conversion kit because I had 1e and wanted to incorporate it into 2e but also because i was intending to pick up the 1e expansions. It just made sense not to toss the conversion kit.

But I can see if you did not have any of the previous version(s) of the game, and not knowing FFG's plans for 2e expansions, keeping the conversion kit could be seen as unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iziak Marsh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely it should have been made clear that the 1e Conversion Kits would be needed for future MoMe2 product. Luckily I don't like throwing anything away so put the packet in my 'spares drawer', but until now I had completely forgotten about it.

At the time I opened MoMe2 getting the app to work was my main consideration, not the contents of a bag that had components in it meant for owners of the 1st ed. Good flamin job I kept it.

Also in the drawer are the monster minis and godawful black stands.

Anyway thanks all for the posts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Valentine
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that vexes me, they don't actually say at any point which investigators are in the expansions.

I've bought both so it doesn't really matter but just seems odd not to mention it if you'd only bought one expansion. Some of those minis don't exactly make it clear!

By the way, how many people aren't using the minis - the plastic is so terrible nothing stays in place and was thinking of just using the monster cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim V wrote:
One thing that vexes me, they don't actually say at any point which investigators are in the expansions.

There's a symbol on the backside of the investigator card, if that's what you mean.

Quote:
By the way, how many people aren't using the minis - the plastic is so terrible nothing stays in place and was thinking of just using the monster cards?

Until I get the monster figures painted and in clear bases (which will take 'some' time) I'll be happily using the monster tokens in those FFG stands that come with so many games (got plenty in store from Arkham Horror for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Jan Tuijp wrote:
JudgementDave wrote:
Old Deep One wrote:

They are.

If I would be as judgemental as you claim to be I would have said it was a mistake not to make that perfectly clear, even crystal clear, in the leaflet that accompanied 2E core. It may seem stupid, but I wonder how many buyers already threw away the conversion kit, thinking they had no need for it. whistle

We don't know when the decision was made to produce these expansions. I think had they known all along, they wouldn't have called it a conversion kit to start with.

For anyone that has these, are the investigator minis on black bases (like 1E) or are the bases moulded in grey as part of the figure (like the 2E ones)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iziak Marsh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Until I get the monster figures painted and in clear bases (which will take 'some' time) I'll be happily using the monster tokens in those FFG stands that come with so many games (got plenty in store from Arkham Horror for example).

Yep, that's exactly what I am doing too but I probably wont get around to painting the mini's TBH. Good use of all the clear stands I got in EH though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
We don't know when the decision was made to produce these expansions. I think had they known all along, they wouldn't have called it a conversion kit to start with.

Yes, that's very likely. The core game was released 4 august and the expansions were announced 8 days later. That has to be the quickest production of a boardgame to date!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
For anyone that has these, are the investigator minis on black bases (like 1E) or are the bases moulded in grey as part of the figure (like the 2E ones)?

Grey bases like the 2ed ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Jan Tuijp wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:

Yes, that's very likely. The core game was released 4 august and the expansions were announced 8 days later. That has to be the quickest production of a boardgame to date!

Yeah but it's all part of a production chain. It's likely MoM 2E was already at the printers when they confirmed it. Especially if, as speculated, the games had been in a warehouse for a while awaiting the app being ready for release.

Head_Rat wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:

Grey bases like the 2ed ones

Interesting. I'd assumed this release was because they had found excess figures some where, but that means it's definitely a new printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
This is a good place to repost this link I think:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1636024/base-game-totally-pl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Yeah but it's all part of a production chain. It's likely MoM 2E was already at the printers when they confirmed it.

Possible? Of course, everything's possible. Likely? Not really. Especially since the expansion announcements do mention the conversion kit but refrain from emphasising it. It seems far more likely FFG just overlooked the possibility that first time buyers might throw away the kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iziak Marsh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well after opening the kit and finding not only the character cards necessary to use the two new 2e expansions but also monster and other tokens I really do wonder why they didn't label this as something else, cause it aint just a 'conversion kit' for owners of 1e product.

Maybe someone else can but I can't see any info anywhere that either of these two expansions require the contents of this kit and I can't be the only one that almost threw it out or otherwise put it aside thinking they didn't need it.

Hell, it doesn't even say on the insert within that its needed for the two upcoming new boxes.

Its just abit odd really. Anyway, happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.